Chapter 14

Hailee's pov:
Saturday 24th of May

Y/n unlocks my hotel room since her daughter is fast asleep in my arms. We enter the spacious room, Y/n first, me behind her.

"We can take the couch." Y/n says her eyes scanning the room, before landing on the couch in the corner.

"I'll take the couch." I say. "You take the bed with Jade."

"Hailee I can't-" She tries to protest as I place Jade down on my bed.

"Y/n it's not a discussion. You guys need more space than me." I say, as Jade starts to stir awake. "Shh, sweethart." I whisper as I tuck her in.

"Hailee this is all too much already." Y/n says making her way over to me.

"I just wanna help Y/n." I softly say, turning to face her.

"I know, I'm just not used to that I guess." She says, placing a kiss on her daughters forehead. "It's always been Jade and I." She confesses pulling away from her daughter.

"I understand that." I say. My phone buzzes in my pocket and I excuse myself going to the toilet so I can the incoming call.
--------
Y/n's pov:
As Hailee left to take the phone call I decided to sit on the small balcony of the hotel room.

I sit in the cold breeze with the envelope Jake sent. As I observe the city in front of me I feel some tears pool in my eyes.

I ran as fast and as far as I could and he still found me. He's still here and he's not going to let me walk free until I give Jade up. Which will never fucking happen. No matter what I have to do I will protect my daughter. Just like I always have.

Flashback:
Tw: abuse
"Jake, no, no, please." I plead, tears in my eyes as my boyfriend inches closer to me. An evil smirk flashes across my face and he knows he has me cornered as my back hits the cold wall behind me.

"What did I say about going out without my permission?" He asks and I can smell the alcohol on his breath. The only thing I can do is cry while shaking my head. "Answer me!" He raises his voice.

"I'm sorry I-I ran out of diapers and-and I had to change Jade." I stutter through tears.

"I don't fucking care!" He shouts his hand closing around my neck. More tears stream down my cheeks as I struggle to breathe. "You listen to me, and if you don't I will hurt Jade. You don't want that do you?" He tilts his head to the side, his grasp on my neck tightening.

"N-no." I shake my head.

"Than liste-"

"Mama?" A small voice from the doorway startles both Jake and I.

Jade stands in the doorway, fear evident on her face. The three year old is clutching her teddy bear so tightly against her chest, hoping it will give her comfort.

"Please." I plead with Jake. "Not in front of her, please."

"Get her to bed and then I want you." He says, letting me go. I nod gasping for air as I make my way to my daughter.

"You okay mama?" Jade asks as I tuck her in.

"I am, sweethart." I force a fake smile, kissing her forehead. "I love you."

"I love you too." She smiles, her eyes closing as she drifts off to a peaceful slumber. I look at my daughter for a few more seconds, knowing she doesn't deserve to witness any of that.

"I'll get us out of here." I whisper. "I promise."
End of flashback

"You okay?" I hear Hailee's voice as she exits the room joining me on the balcony.

"Yeah." I hum, snapping out of my trance. "Thank you again." I smile at her.

"Of course." She says, taking a seat next to me. "What was in the letter?" For a second I debate giving her the letter, but I do, silently hand her the letter as I keep my eyes in front of me not daring to make eye contact with the brunette next to me.

"Wow." She sighs after reading the note and looking at the pictures.

"Yeah, wow." I chuckle slightly.

"Is he Jade's dad?" The brunette asks.

"Yeah unfortunately he is." I sigh, leaning back into the couch. "It's just a lot."

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

"No, hell no." I say, shaking my head. "It's a really long story and it's not pleasant to hear."

"That's okay. I'm here if you ever need me." Hailee says softly, placing a hand on top of mine. The action makes me face her our faces inches apart.

"Thank you." I whisper, feeling her breath on my lips.

"Anything for you." She says, licking her lips. I take her hand that's on top of mine and place in on my waist. Hailee looks down at her new hand placement a soft smile across her face as she caresses my clothed waist.

I guide my hand on her cheek, my heart beat increasing as well as the need and want to feel her lips on mine.

"Y/n?" Hailee whispers.

"Yeah?"

"Can I kiss you?" She asks, her heavy breathing evident.

"Yes." As soon as those words slip past my lips, Hailee takes the lead connecting her lips with mine.

I melt against her soft lips as we continue that slow dance of our lips. Her hand on my waist, grips the fabric of my shirt as the kiss intensifies.

A smile tugs on my lips as we continue kissing, my heart fluttering with happiness. Hailee's lips follow soon after tugging into a huge grin.

When air is needed, we pull away resting our foreheads together.

"Hi." I smile, a small giggle slipping past my lips.

"Hi." Hailee smiles.

The heart warming moment gets ruined as multiple camera flashes become evident in the distance. Hailee jumps apart from me as we both look around in confusion.

I turn to my left seeing a bunch of paparazzi in the building next to this one with camera's pointing at Hailee and I.

"Shit." Hailee exhales.