Chapter 15

Hailee's pov:
Saturday 24th of May

"Stella I don't fucking care how I need you to stop it." I say on the phone, frustration bubbling out of me.

"Hailee I'm doing my best but you know how the media is." Stella says a sigh falling past her lips.

"It's gonna be all over the internet in the morning isn't it?" I exhale, leaning back against the bathroom wall.

"You know it is." Stella says.

"Just, please protect the girls identity." I say. "She doesn't deserve any of the media shit."

"I'll do my best Haiz."

"Thanks. Goodnight."

"Night."

I hand up the phone, leaning my head back against the wall looking up at the ceiling as a long sigh leaves my mouth.

I leave the bathroom after composing myself. The y/h/c girl stands from the bed looking at me with curious eyes.

"Any news?" She asks.

"Nope. It's probably gonna be all over the internet in the morning tho." I say, slipping my phone in the front pocket of my jeans as I walk closer to Y/n. "I'm so fucking sorry."

"Don't be. None of this is your fault." She softly says.

"It is and now everything is going to got to hell-and you're gonna be on the front pages of news because of me and that is threatening because of that fucking ex of yours and then Jade-Jade is in danger and it's all because of me–" I ramble as my hands start shaking, my heart beat fastening along with my breathing which is increasing dangerously.

Tears threaten to fall from my eyes as I feel myself on a verge of a yet another panic attack. Luckily Y/n notices my erratic breathing. She steps closer to me, examining me with soft eyes.

"Hailee, hey," Y/n says, placing her soft hands on my shoulders, grounding me. "Breathe with me okay?" She says and I nod. The whole world feels like it's spinning making me unable to form any words.

"In." She breathes in with me.

"Out." We both breathe out.

After a couple more breathes my hands stop shaking and my heart rate slows down.

"None of this is your fault." She whispers slowly and softly. "Do you understand that?"

"Yes." I answer, looking in her eyes. "I understand."

"Good." She says. "We'll figure this out together okay?"

"Okay. Thank you." A smile tugs at the corner of my lips.

"Of course." She smiles, her eyes flickering to my lips for a split second. Unconsciously I lean in just wanting to feel her soft lips against mine once again. Before our lips connect a small voice interrupts us.

"Mama?" Jade says, Y/n and I immediately pulling apart.

"Hey angel." Y/n turns around to face her daughter. "What's wrong?" The y/h/c woman sits next to her daughter stroking her hair softly.

"Sleep with me, please." She says, sleepily her arms stretching out to Y/n.

"Mama just has to change sweethart. Is that okay?"

"Be quick mama, I'm tired." The smaller girl replies, rubbing her eyes.

"I will angel, don't worry." She places a kiss on her daughters head before turning towards me again.

"You can take anything from the suitcase." I say before she even asks.

"Thank you." She smiles, pressing a kiss to my cheek before walking towards my suitcase. I feel my cheeks go flaming red at the gesture.

Y/n pulls put one of my oversized t-shirts and a pair of sleeping shorts. My eyes trail down her figure as she straightens up from bending down to the suitcase. I eventually meet her eyes which have been on mine the entire time. A smirk is plastered across her lips as she knows she caught me staring.

"Staring, huh Steinfeld?" She whispers stepping closer to me.

"No-no I would never." I lie, shaking my head, a chuckle falling past Y/n's lips.

"Mhm, sure." She smirks. "Mind watching Jade while I change?"

"Not at all." I smile at her as she dissappears into the bathroom.

I turn to look at Jade and see her with her arms crossed shooting daggers at me. Who knew a 5 year old could make you feel so intimidated?

"That's my mama." She says, her eyebrows furrowing.

"I know that sunshine." I chuckle walking over to the bed and sitting next to her. "I'm not taking away your mama."

"Good." She huffs. "Don't make mama cry either."

The words take me by surprise a little. I mean a five year old basically just threatened me. But also the amount of protectivness Jade illuminates at such a young age tells me Y/n and Jade have beeb through a lot and considering that letter it tells me it has everything to do with Jade's father.

"I won't sunshine, I promise." I whisper to the child.

"Pinky promise." She says, holding out her pinky.

I chuckle at her interlocking my pinky with hers. "Pinky promise."