A Lot Of Sand

It had been years since Kylo Ren came into power and the First Order was made, and Y/n had been on the run ever since.

The galaxy was unstable, and nobody felt safe. Planets could blow up out of nowhere without warning, a new enemy was destroyed every day... and everything was at risk of being lost.

These were dark times, but Y/n always stayed true to her Jedi ways. The Force grounded her, and taught her everything that her Uncle Luke didn't get the chance to. But being a Jedi in this war, came with consequences. It was always run and hide, run and hide... and she was starting to get sick of it.

The longing feeling of wanting to belong, wanting to fit into a place and stay there, it was agonising at times. But she would always look up to the stars at night, and remember that as long as there is light, and stars in the sky... she will always feel safe.

Whether that be a physical light, or metaphorical light... she knew that she was alive and breathing.

Today, Y/n found herself on the planet of Jakku. She had been there for a while now, and she was just trying to find a way of getting off. But nobody was very friendly here, everyone was either starving to death, dying of thirst... or some other emotion that was the opposite of happy.

It was a hell hole, a hell hole full of sand... and she hated sand.

It was late, the stars were shining and the moon was out and awake. Y/n wore tan clothes, her hood covering her head, and a mask covering her mouth, so the only thing that people were able to see, were her piercing eyes. Her green lightsaber was hidden, attached to her belt, so she looked like she was defenseless.

Obviously, she only used it for training purposes, because if everyone saw her with one, she would have an automatic target on her back, and everyone would know she was a Jedi. So, she had one singular dagger attached to her belt next to it.

That was her go-to.

She looked very intimidating, but this was done unintentionally. The whole point of being covered like this was to not be recognised or questioned. When people would see her, they would normally stand clear of her, when she really didn't mean any harm.

Y/n had it in her head that this would be the night she would get off of this planet, and never to come back again. So, she was walking around the town, looking for any mode of transport, preferably one that could take her into space.

But then she stopped in her tracks when she saw one... a familiar one.

It was a resistance X-WING.

At first, Y/n felt like the luckiest girl alive, but then she thought... 'Why is it here in the first place?'

Being on a sand planet for weeks made it easy to recognise footprints in the ground. She saw clear footsteps coming from beside the ship, but then another not so familiar shape trail... must be a droid.

Y/n followed them, and they lead to a small hut, that had two people inside, the room lit by a single light. She stood next to the doorway, trying to listen into what was being said, but she could make out much...

"The general has been after this for a long time..." A voice said, sounded like a man.

"The general... to me she is royalty."

"And that she certainly is..."

Y/n's heart sored, as her theory was confirmed.

The Resistance general... her Mother, Leia.

But what could she be after?

The girl's thoughts were cut off, as a droid raced inside of the small hut, she didn't quite get a look at what it looked like, but she now knew what made the second set of tracks that she couldn't identify.