Listen To Your Heart

Later, everyone gathered around the hologram table to see the reconnaissance report, thinking about how they're going to take the First Order down, what their plan of action will be. Poe stood on the opposite side of the table to Y/n...

He sighed, looking at her uncomfortable figure, knowing that she was most likely replaying their moment in her mind... as he was too. But soon everyone was gathered around, he put his serious hat on, and spoke,

"The scan data from Snap's reconnaissance flight confirms Finn's report."

"They've somehow created a hyper-lightspeed weapon built within the planet itself." Snap explained.

"A laser cannon?" Some asked.

"We're not sure how to describe a weapon of this scale..."

"It's another Death Star." Major Ematt stated, but Poe disagreed,

"I wish that were the case, Major," Poe pressed some buttons, and the hologram of the old Death star appeared...

"This was the Death Star..." He then pulled up a hologram of a much, much bigger planet "And this, is StarKiller Base."

Everyone gasped.

"So, it's big?" Han said, not thinking much of the size.

"How is it possible to power a weapon of that size?" Admiral Ackbar asked.

"It uses the power of the sun." Finn explained "As the weapon is charged, the sun is drained until it disappears."

Someone approached Leia, and gave her a transition on a piece of card. She read it, sighed and closed her eyes, then gave it to her daughter to read outloud...

"The First Order..." Y/n read "They're charging the weapon again now... our system is the next target..."

Her and Poe made eye contact for the first time since the left each other, and both looked at each other with worry for one another.

"Oh my, without the republic fleet, we're doomed." C-3PO muttered.

"Okay, how do we blow it up?" Han Solo asked "There's always way to do that."

"Han's right." Leia agreed.

"In order for that amount of power to be contained, that base must have some kind of thermal oscillator." A Major Satura explained.

"There is one." Finn sad, moving around to point at in on the hologram "Precinct forty-seven. Here."

The small hexagon lit up red on the picture.

"If we can destroy that oscillator, it might destabilise the core and cripple the weapon." Satura explained again.

"Maybe the planet itself." Y/n added.

"We'll go in there and hit that oscillator with everything we've got." Poe said boldly.

"They have defensive shields that our ships cannot penetrate." Ackbar added.

"We disable the shields." Han spoke "Kid, you worked there. What you got?"

"I can do it." Finn replied.

"I like this guy."

"I can disable the shields, but I have to be there, on the planet."

"We can take you." Y/n said, looking up to her Dad and Chewbacca, they both nodded. Poe felt his chest tighten slightly.

"Y/n, how?" Leia asked.

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." She replied.

"I'll take her in the Falcon, she'll be okay." Han put his hand on Y/n's shoulder.