Retreat!

The Resistance was in a state of severe vulnerability. Their base had been found by the First Order, not long after Rey had left to go and find Luke Skywalker.

They were loading as many transports as they possibly could into the sky, but they didn't have time to load the weapons and artillery. So, they had to leave practically empty handed.

"Are you sure about this?" Y/n asked Poe in the midst of all the chaos. Poe was climbing into his X-WING, a daring plan hatching in his mind.

"I'm sure." He said determinedly "It's just to distract while we get out of here. Besides, I wanna try something I installed into the ship."

"But you do realise what you're doing?" His girlfriend pressed again, and he nodded again "Please, just don't do anything rash!"

"It's like you don't know me at all." He joked, but saw the serious expression on her face "I promise... trust me, sweetheart."

Y/n climbed the ladder to his X-WING, and leant down to give him a kiss,

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too, Pilot."

The engine started, and she climbed down the ladder. BB-8 beeped inside the ship,

"Keep him safe, Beebs!" She called, and got a reassuring noise from him back.

The X-WING flew into the air, and Y/n dashed to the transport that her Mother was on, the big cruiser with all the important people inside, and they all flew up into the stars. A few more transports were still to be released, but the First Order had already arrived.

Y/n made her way to the control room inside their ship, to see her Mother.

"Is everyone off yet?" She asked.

"No, not yet." Leia replied, and Y/n sighed nervously.

Then suddenly, BB-8's nervous beeping was heard through the comms.

"Happy beeps here, buddy. Come on." Poe reassured, flicking switches "We've pulled crazier stunts than this."

"Just for the record, Commander Dameron, I'm with the droid on this one." Leia said to them.

"Thank you for your support, General." Poe said sarcastically, then sighed "Happy beeps..."

Then he started his plan.

"Attention! This is Commander Poe Dameron from the Republic Fleet. I have an urgent communique for General Hugs." Poe said, flying in front of the First Order ships that had just arrived.

"This is General Hux from the First Order!" A voice was patched through "The republic is no more. Your fleet are Rebel scum and war criminals. Tell your precious princess there will be no terms, there will be no surrender!"

There was silence...

"Hi, I'm holding for General Hugs." Poe spoke again.

"This is Hux. You and your friends are doomed! We will wipe your filth from the galaxy!"

There was silence again...

"Okay... I'll hold."

"Hello?"

Y/n couldn't hold in the snigger that left her lips, listening to her boyfriend making these people look like idiots. Her Mother gave her a disciplinary look,

"I'm sorry..." Y/n laughed.

"Hello? Yep, I'm still here."

"Can you- Can he hear me?"