𝑭𝒊𝒏𝒊𝒔𝒉𝒆𝒅~ 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐭

Matt is done with everything, so he ends his life. Or does he?

Tw: MCD briefly, crying, attempted suicide.
---------------
"Oh my God shut your mouth, Matt"
Chris's words cut into Matt's heart like a burning hot knife, each letter contributing to Matt's pain. Why was he doing this? He thought everything was okay? So why was Chris saying these things.
"Yeah, kid. You really need to learn when you're not needed" Nick sliced through Matt's fragile skin with what he said, not understanding why his brothers were being so cruel.
"What are you doing still standing here?! Fuck off Matt!" Chris shouts, pushing Matt's body back, shoving him away. They didn't need him, he was only a burden.
"Why are you guys doing this? I thought we were cool?" Matt attempted to reason with his brothers, only earning a sharp chuckle in return. "Us? Wow Matt, way to pin the blame on everybody else, it's always someone else but never little ol' Matt" Nick jabs at Matt's already bleeding heart.
"At this rate, maybe you should just go off yourself. Since you love to be the victim so much, go ahead Matt" Chris replies, walking closer to Matt.
Then suddenly they aren't standing in their kitchen. They aren't in their home.
The three of them now stand outside, in the middle of a gloomy and fogged up forest. Matt stands alone, as his eyes scan this world around him, he freezes when he sees his best friends, his brothers, the people he thought needed him, the people he trusted.

The people he loved.
Now standing side by side, away from Matt, staring at him with nothing but disdain. Matt begins to hear whispering, Chris and Nick's voices ring through his head.
"Fuck you, kid"
"You're so annoying"
"Get the fuck away from us"
"You're nothing"
"You really thought we would care?"
"Our lives would have been better if you were never here!"
"I hate being your brother, it's so tiring"
"Gonna cry, Matthew?"
"Boo-Hoo, Matty's upset"
"End your life"
"Useless"
"Waste of space"

These words just repeated in his head, getting louder and louder, morphing into what could only be explained as demonic growling. Matt gasped, feeling his body shake and tremble, hot tears rolling down his face as he looks down, spotting a thin dagger placed neatly at his feet. The voices stop.
Matt looks up, his brothers are gone, and suddenly he can see his breath in the cold air that surrounds him; he picks up the dagger and examines it.
As he's looking down at his shining fate, hearing himself sob, he positions the knife to his chest, right where his heart lay, beating rapidly and aching for reassurance.
The knife is then plunged, deep into Matt's chest, by his own hand. Watching his former brothers look at him from afar.
--------
A scream can be heard from Matt's room as he sits up in his bed, looking around frantically. His breathing erratic, tears streaming down his face.
"No- no th- they can't think that, they don't think that- please-" Matt begs, talking to the air it seemed.
Matt began to sob and curl in on himself, rocking back and forth. But something stops him, a knife on his bedside table.
'why is that there..' Matt wondered to himself, swallowing thickly as he reached a shakey hand over to grab hold of the item. He began to examine it, taking in a breath and positioning it over his heart.

"Matt?!, Matt are you Okay- Hey!!-" Chris yells, Matt's door swinging open as Chris runs in. "Why do you have that knife Matt, put it down!" He orders, snatching the knife from a now crying Matt. Chris took Matt into his arms and held him close, "you're okay dude, you're good.." he said, watching Nick come in a minute later.
"What's wrong?" He asked, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.
"Bad dream I think.." Chris replied, looking down at Matt, who looked up at him, uttering a sentence that shattered Chris's heart.
"Do you r-really think I should kill myself.."
Nick's eyes widened and he joined in the embrace, "No! Matt, sweetheart, absolutely not. You're everything to us"
"Yeah Matt, come on man we love you" the two of them said, almost at the same time. Matt's eyes filled with tears. "Really?.."
"Yes, Matt!" They both said in unison, making Matt smile softly and cuddle up to them. Still sniffling quietly and holding onto his brothers for dear life, like they'd disappear if he were to let go.

"Matt, you're the greatest thing in our lives. Without you, we're incomplete" Chris said softly, Nick smiled and nodded, "We simply wouldn't be, without you Matt" He finished.

-------------
Xxbittersweet_RoseXx See? What'd I tell you 😮‍💨