𝑭𝒂𝒍𝒍~ 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐭

I got this idea from Shittydaysinlife

I cried hysterically while reading one of their chapters, so I wanted to try and make one like that!

I will be crying while writing this, because it's one of my biggest fears.

MASSIVE tw: Major character death, blood, mention of sh, su!cide notes, suicidal thoughts, su!cide mention.

Please actually don't read if these trigger you <3

----------

How did they not see the signs?
They were brothers, they should've known that something was off.
But they didn't, they never caught on.
Now this story won't have a happy ending.

It was around early Fall, the air was just starting to become crisp, the leaves were just starting to change colours.
The triplets were so excited, they loved Fall, especially Matt.
If he could, he'd make it Fall every month, he loved the colours and the gentle breeze, the pumpkins, the music, the sweaters..

There was only one thing Matt hated about this time of year, and that was the depression.
The suicidal thoughts he had non stop, up until February when they all start dying down. This year didn't seem to be any different, in fact, it seemed better than the other years.

It seemed better, only for a few weeks. Maybe a month, then they started. Worse than they ever were before, he was being smothered in anguish and horrific, painful sadness for days on end.
He'd lay in bed at night, letting his tears fall slowly down his cheeks to his neck, making his shirt and pillow wet. "This'll pass over" He'd think, every time he'd cry, every time he'd cut himself in places that nobody could see, every time he just wanted to lay in bed and never, ever get up.
Every time he wrote up a letter, signing his name at the bottom after taking a bottle of pills, only to puke them up afterwards.
Every time he held a blade to his wrist, counting all the things he had to live for..

Nick
Chris
Mary Lou
Jimmy
Trevor..

'Okay' he'd say, putting the blade away.
He wasn't going to leave, he couldn't.
They needed him..

Right?

Present day

"Hey Nick! Chris!" Matt called, jogging into the kitchen where his two Brothers were sitting, Chris looked up with a tired expression on his face, Nick just gave him a "Huh?" While still looking at his phone. Matt sits down at the table with them "Yeah- I was wondering if you wanted to go somewhere, hang out or something?" He asked, hoping they said yes so he could distract himself from the horrifying thoughts tormenting his mind.
Nick simply nodded, with a quiet "sure", while Chris groaned "Matt, why do you always want to go places this time'a year? It's cold outside dude, what're we supposed to do? Go eat some ice cream and have a stroll along the sidewalk?" He asked, clearly not in the mood.

Matt sort of gulped away his anxiety, not knowing why he had any. Looking down at his hands he mumbled "Uh- well y'know...I just kinda, thought we could maybe.. go rocket launching? Like old times sake ya know?!" He said, getting excited and louder towards the end.
Chris scoffs a little and shakes his head, looking at his phone, "dude, we're grown ass men. We aren't gonna go 'rocket launching'" he said, rolling his eyes on the last part, Nick chimed in, now looking at Matt with a little smile "I think it'd be fun.." he said softly, Matt's previous demeanor changed and his face lit up, tears barely started forming as he chuckled "That- That's good! Awesome- I can uh..go start the car?.." he asked. Nick nodded and got up "I'll convince Mr.Grouch to come along" he said, looking at Chris.