Charlotte, you'd be welcome to stay

"There's my dad," Justin says, taking my hand as we walk through the jetway into the airport in Toronto. I can see Jeremy Bieber waiting for us there surrounded, of course, by paparazzi.

"He looks happy to see you," I feel the relief washing over me as we get closer to where Jeremy is waiting.

"For now," Justin sighs and squeezes my hand before he lets go so he can hug his father.

"Hey kid," Jeremy says. "Missed ya,"

"Missed you too, Dad," Justin says. "This is Charlotte," Justin smiles at me.

"It's good to finally meet you," Jeremy pulls me in for a hug and as he does Justin steps back, putting himself between me and the line of cameras to our right. Justin's bodyguards are on the other side, blocking me - or my stomach - from view of the paparazzi. You can't see it under the high-waisted dress I have on but it might be obvious if you saw me hugging someone. "Oh!" Jeremy's figured out our secret.

"Don't look at it," Justin warns, gesturing to the cameras.

"Well then let's get out of here so we can have a real conversation," Jeremy says. "Your mom is really excited to see you."

"I'm excited too," Justin says, taking my hand again.

"Sorry we have such a long drive ahead of us," Jeremy says as we start walking.

"Stratford isn't that far," Justin frowns.

"We had to move," Jeremy shrugs. "It's better out where we are now."

"What about the house I bought you?" Justin sighs.

"I had to sell it," Jeremy says. "I'm sorry, son, it was best for the family."

"Okay," Justin doesn't ask any more questions and Jeremy starts talking about the family.

"What about you two?" Jeremy asks as soon as we get in the car. "I see I'm getting a grandchild."

"Yeah, just 20 weeks from now," Justin grins at me.

"Is it a boy?" Jeremy asks.

"We'll find out when we get home," Justin tells him.

"I wouldn't trust an ultrasound," Jeremy sniffs. "We've had bad luck with them."

"Alright," Justin doesn't seem at all surprised by Jeremy's attitude. I have to admit that I get a bad vibe from him but I'm not sure what it is.

"Are you hungry?" Jeremy asks. "We could stop and eat."

"Yeah, let's do that," Justin agrees.

We stop for food and even though the restaurant is small and out of the way Justin still has to sign autographs and pose for pictures. I stay sitting down with a menu in front of me and just pray no one asks for a hug.

"Charlotte, can we take a picture?" a girl asks me.

"Sure, okay," I smile and motion for her to sit down next to me in the booth.

"Thank you so much for following me on Twitter, that was like the best day of my life," she says.

"Oh of course," I put my arm around her so we can pose. "I try to follow people every chance I get."

"You know you can auto-follow, right?" the girl says.

"I could, but not everyone is nice like you," I tell her.

"Um, so can I ask a question?" she looks really nervous and I can't help but get nervous too. I didn't feel the baby kick but what if it had kicked while we were taking the picture?