00. Book 2 Recap

Nayeon's POV

I sadly stare at the coffee table. "If you're nothing but a good for nothing playboy, then why— why do you look at me with those eyes, Jeongyeon? Tell me. Why? Why did you stare into my soul like you mean every sweet word you say? Why was your smile laced with pain when I told you we needed to end whatever was between us?"

I needed to do that.

I had to.

I know that was the right thing to do.

Because— because if I didn't end it sooner, I swear I'd go crazy trying to figure him out.

I look down to my feet and ball my fists. "And why did you tell me that you were no longer playing the game for a while now? You—" I nervously bit my lower lip before continuing my statement. "Yoo Jeongyeon... You did not actually fall for me, did you?"

*********

Sana, who is flatly standing at the restaurant's entrance for a minute now has been staring at the concierge's direction with quite a pale face. She wasn't even able to respond to the male staff who just greeted her. She was simply watching Nayeon who seemed to continue her conversation with the concierge.

"Yeobo?" Dahyun steps into the entrance with a dripping umbrella in his hand. He notices the odd expression on the artist so he simply follows Sana's line of sight.

Then, the manager turns again to his wife and snakes his arm to her waist as he softly kisses her cheek. That action made Sana get out of her mini trance and promptly smile at the man who is now right beside her.

Dahyun glances again at the direction where Sana was previously staring at, then back to his wife. "Wae? Is something wrong? Do you... know that girl?"

"A— Ani." Sana just maintains her smile and exhales nervously. "Nothing. It's just— it's nothing."

*********

Sana's expression softens. "And I love you."

"I know." Dahyun mimics the sweet emotion his wife has relayed to him. "Which is why I never stopped loving you also. And look at where we are right now. You're my wife. You're carrying my surname. And when the right time comes, I hope we build our own family. I won, right?"

"Ani." The artist shakes her head twice. "You didn't win, my pretty husband. It was never a game."

"Jinjja? I thought I became a better player so I was the one who got promoted."

Sana stifles a laugh. "Ya. I'm not sure what kind of information you have or maybe if you misinterpreted things because you never confronted me with whatever data that you gathered or knew about that girl but... I simply chose you." She flashes a sincere smile to him. "I chose you, Yeobo. And I'm sure that I never have and will ever, ever, ever regret it."

*********

The dancer pouts and continues again. "Not even any flings? You can be honest with me. I understand that you were being cautious the first time we met but—"

"None. Zero." The painter's tone is now starting to get annoyed. "Nothing like that, Son Mina!"

The dance instructor flashes a confident smirk, making her seem to be in teasing mode. "I know how European girls could be so attractive even in the dark of the—"

But then, just seconds after, Mina's smirk dropped. Her eyes are wide and blinking at another set of closed eyes that are too close in front of her right now. But more importantly, there is a pair of familiar lips stopping her from speaking anything further.