02. Unsaid

"Finally." Momo rolls her eyes at the tired looking woman who is walking towards her from the hallways of the Black Swan Dance Studio. "I thought you'd never come back. I was on the verge of growing my own roots here."

"UGH." Jihyo lazily nods her head a couple of times and stands in front of her desk where Momo is currently seated. "Tell me about it."

The elementary teacher chuckles. "I think you should ask Mina for a raise. I'm also her friend but as someone who should uphold values in this society, I know that this is way outside than your job description."

"Ya." This time the secretary shakes her head. "There is no need for that. As you've said, Mina is also your friend. You should know how that woman embodies a lot of your supposed values. I'm sure that that sly girl will slip extra money more than she should on my payroll for this as compensation."

"I won't doubt that." Momo utters in an excited tone. "But you should take me out for dinner when that happens. I helped you here. I'm making dibs on that extra pay."

"Alright, alright." Jihyo answered with a voice that doesn't have the energy to argue with anything. "You'll get your share, Momo-ssi. Now, where's our food? I'm starving!"

"Ah." The teacher turns to get the paper bag that is on the far end of the desk. She promptly takes out the contents of it, revealing three wraps of kimbap. "Here. One for you..." She hands one to Jihyo which the other girl promptly reaches out to. "One for me... And then since Mina called on the phone earlier that she is on her way here, I also bought one for her."

"Hm hmm." Jihyo nods to Momo with already a bite of the kimbap on her mouth. "Hmm."

The homeroom bursts into chuckles. "Ya! Were you that hungry?!"

The secretary simply stifles her grin and puts another batch of food in her mouth.

"Jinjja." Momo shakes her head with a smile as she begins to unwrap her own kimbap. "When did you become such a glutton?"

The best friends promptly turn to the studio's entrance after hearing a stifled snicker from its direction.

Mina is leaning on her side against the pushed glass door. A naughty grin is plastered all over her face. "I'm not interrupting anything, am I?"

Jihyo suddenly coughs out, looking choked with her food for some reason.

Momo was put in a panic and immediately grabbed the black Starbucks tumbler to her side on the desk. "Ya!" She hands out the container to the struggling girl beside her. "That's what happens when you devour your food as if there's no tomorrow! Slow down, will you?"

Jihyo just waves her left hand that is holding the kimbap in dismissal as she drinks from the said tumbler.

"Aigoo." Mina walks closer to the concierge without dropping her cheeky grin. "Why is our Jihyo-ssi acting weird all of a sudden? I was just asking if—"

The secretary darts her sight that is already a glare to her boss which made the latter purse her lips. Jihyo then wipes her mouth and puts the tumbler back to her desk without breaking eye contact with the dance instructor.

Momo watched the silent communication between the two other girls. Her mouth was open for a couple of seconds while her eyes juggle focus from Mina to Jihyo and vice versa before finally saying something. "What are you two doing?"

The teacher's best friend clears her throat and clicks her tongue. She hesitated for a moment but eventually stopped shooting imaginary lasers at her boss from her eyes. "Nothing."

Momo turns to Mina in disbelief. However, the dance instructor simply grinned again and shrugged at her.

"I'll go back to the practice room and wrap up with the kids." Jihyo states, balling the leftover wrap of her now gone food. "I gave them some group exercises before I came here."