30. Thin Lines

Mina's POV

Answer, Chae. I pace back and forth in front of my bed here in the master bedroom of our house while waiting for the call to connect. Jebal. I've been trying to contact him nonstop since yesterday.

I'm getting worried.

But, should I be worried?

This is normal, right? It's normal to be worried when your husband, who doesn't know he's still your husband but has been non stop telling you he wants to be your husband, has not contacted you for more than a day. Right?

"Ugh! Seriously?!" I mutter under my breath after I was directed again to voicemail. I glare at the screen of my mobile phone before throwing it to my bed. "This is driving me crazy!"

I bite my lower lip in both frustration and helplessness. I don't know what else to do now. How long is this going to last? How long can I last like this?

I clicked my tongue and walked to pick up my poor mobile device which I hope did not break anything inside and out. Jinjja. This situation is driving me crazy.

I close my eyes first to gather some strength before I exhale sharply and put the phone that was resting in my right hand up to my face. I stopped on my tracks to check our message thread that now looks like a monologue of mine due to his absence.

Son Mina: Are you home yet?

Son Mina: Hey. Isn't it a bit late now? Are you still out with the realtor?

Son Mina: Be sure to eat dinner. Order something that could pass as dinner if you're still at the restaurant.

Son Mina: Chaemi's awake now. He's asking about you. Are you still busy?

Son Mina: Chae. Reply to my messages.

Son Mina: Son Chaeyoung.

Son Mina: Did you pass out when you got home?

Son Mina: Call or message me when you have time.'

No reply. Nothing. No response at all.

Right. I scoff, remembering how I have been covering for him this whole time. I lied to Chaemi.

"Arrrgh!" I ruffle my hair and sit on the edge of my bed. "Where the fu—" I bite my lower lip to suppress my cursing which I obviously don't do on a regular basis. "UGH! Where are you?!"

Chaeyoung never told me he was busy. Chaeyoung never told me he was at the university today, nor any of his schedule yesterday after he went and met with his realtor after his Introduction to fundamentals of painting class.

My almost good for nothing husband has not contacted me for more than 24 hours now.

My legs then began walking again around the room in restlessness. I am in the same house shorts and shirt I was in since this morning. My appearance is the last thing I could care for when I'm in the middle of covering up for the man I am dying to kill right now.

I swear I'm going to kill him when I see him.

I put up the phone's screen in front of me and glared at it. Gritting my teeth, I whispered what should've come out as yells. I can't risk being heard by my little boy in the next room. "I lied to our son that you were telling me that you've been busy yesterday! Korea's day is ending and you're still a no show! You better contact me before the end of today or I can't guarantee your forgiveness!"

Then, my heartbeat quickens at the wild thoughts that keep on running through my mind. What if something bad happened to him? Did he get into an accident? Was he mugged?! Oh, gosh. Please. I still prefer him neglecting us for a day than him laying down in a hospital bed.