09. Smoke

"Yeobo?" Chaeyoung almost whispers as he calls out to Mina with a raise of his hand from the couch.

"Hey." The dancer smiles and walks in curiosity to the still seated man. "You really are still up?"

"I told you I'd wait for you."

"You could've just— Oh?" Mina points to Chaemi who has his head placed on Chaeyoung's lap. "So that's why you weren't getting up to give me a welcome kiss?"

The painter scoffs but the faint blush on his face gives out another emotion he might have felt from the comment he just received. "If this little kid is not adorably sleeping on me, you would be in big trouble right now."

"Ah. Jinjja?" The dancer answers in a rather taunting tone. "Okay."

Chaeyoung lightly shakes his head. "Jinjja. And how did Chaemi become so competitive? I told him to go sleep on his bed but he insisted that if I'm going to wait for you here, he also has to be here."

"Aigoo." Mina chuckles and stares at the snoozed kid on the couch. "You have a great contender in him. My baby boy is really good at making sure his mommy knows how much he loves her."

The painter scoffs louder this time. "He just got it from his dad. He surely had inherited it in some way."

The dancer just looks at Chaeyoung with an arched eyebrow.

The painter opened his mouth while holding Mina's gaze. It was a couple of seconds of trying to come up with something but he unfortunately ended up with a sigh. He clicks his tongue and breaks eye contact with the giggling girl in obvious victory.

Mina then leans in to pick up Chaemi, making the small boy flutter his eyes open as he instinctively hugs his mother tight. "Mommy?"

"Ne, Adeul?"

With a lazy smile, the little Son slowly closes his eyes again. "I waited for you with Dada."

Mina sweetly smiles as she gently ruffles her son's hair. "Thank you, baby. I will tuck you in your bed now, okay?"

"Hmm." Chaemi simply hums with eyes closed while his mommy begins walking to his room.

Chaeyoung silently watched in silence the rest of his family with a huge smile.

It didn't take that long for Mina to come out of Chaemi's room. As soon as she stepped into the living room, she smiled at the man who was already looking at her with the same curled up lips. "Now, should I also tuck you in?"

Chaeyoung giggles and nods. He stands up from the couch, consecutively taking huge strides towards Mina, not caring to hide the slightest excitement in his face. "My competition was fast asleep. I did better, didn't I?"

Mina lightly shakes her head. She raises a hand to the painter's direction which the latter held onto when he was within arm's reach. "Your competition was a six year old boy."

"So?" The painter nonchalantly utters. They are now both walking towards the master bedroom. "I still won. Fair and square."

"Yeah." The dancer chuckles. "Fair and square."

When the two of them stepped into the bedroom, Mina let go of Chaeyoung's hand. "I will just take a shower and—"

The dancer's supposed instruction was interrupted when she was pulled to the painter's direction. Before she knew it, her back was already against the door of the bedroom with two familiar arms trapping her from each of her sides. "Chae—"

When Mina turned to look for the face of the man who is the culprit of the position she is in right now, her sentence was once again interrupted because Chaeyoung did not waste any time in making both of them comfortable to their distance as he leaned in to kiss Mina on the lips.