25. Their Own Worlds

"Dada!" Chemi, who is already in his pajamas, runs to Chaeyoung who is arranging the plates on the glass table of the beach house's porch.

The painter smiles and picks up his son in his arms. "Hey, buddy. Did you have a good nap?'

The little kid just pouts and stares at Chaeyoung with teary eyes.

"Hmm?" The painter looked at his son for a couple of seconds but did not get any response in return. He then turns to Mina who is leaning against the door frame with a faint smile and arms crossed in front of her. He mouths to her. 'Wae?'

The dancer shakes her head and walks to the two boys. She ruffles Chaemi's hair and speaks softly. "Baby. Tell Dada why you were crying in the room."

Chaeyoung immediately asks. "He was cry—" He purses his lips and peeks into the pouty kid's eyes. "Hey, buddy. Why were you crying?"

Chaemi just looks at the painter for a second, then turns his head to the side to avoid his father's gaze.

Mina giggles which the Chaeyoung can't help but notice. He gives her a curious and a bit of a scared look. "Yeobo, waaaeee? Why is our son acting like this? What happened?"

The dancer sighs. She gently rubs the little boy's back, getting his attention. While looking into his eyes, she gives him a reassuring smile. "Come on, baby. Tell Dada what you were saying to me in the room when you woke up. It's okay. He will understand."

"Yes, buddy." Chaeyoung supports the statement as he gently rocks the kid in his arms. "Come on. Tell me why you cried and why you are acting shy right now. I promise Dada will listen to you with all his heart."

While the painter convinces their son in small talk, Mina's sight finds Nayeon who is leaning on the railing of the porch. She follows where the cafe owner's head is at, finding the Yoo siblings who seem to now be making a good team in cooking their barbecued dinner.

Tzuyu who is in an army green hoodie and black leggings can be seen from her side view with a bright smile while talking about something to her brother. On the other hand, Jeongyeon is fanning the barbecue grill while bopping his head in response to whatever his younger sister is saying.

Mina sighs and pauses for a second before deciding to walk up to the spaced out Nayeon. She steps right next to the older girl and leans on the same railing using her back. "Two people who look exactly just like your type, huh?"

Nayeon scoffs and rolls her eyes. She glances at the dancer beside her, then back to the Yoos on the smoking grill.

Her Unnie remained silent so Mina gave her teasing another go. "The barbecue is not the only sizzling hot item on your eyes tonight, I guess."

"Ya." The cafe owner turns to stare at the younger girl this time. "You're enjoying this, aren't you?"

Mina chuckles. "I am."

Nayeon's false serious expression breaks into a smile. "Good for you." She shifts her body and also leans on the railing by her back, imitating the posture Mina is currently in. "I thought Sana and her husband were joining us?"

The dancer scrunches her eyebrows and darts her eyes to the girl beside her. "Have I ever mentioned Sana to you?"

"Huh?"

"Sana. Were you talking about Minatozaki Sana just now? The K-pop artist."

"A— ah." Nayeon smiles awkwardly. "A— ani. You never did."

"Right. I never did. So..." The dancer gives her a curious look. "How... did you know? Do you know her? I mean— of course you know her. But like— know her personally."