19. He is Serious

Nayeon's POV

Am I in trouble? I waited for Jeongyeon to make eye contact with me before I spoke. "Hey, baby."

He simply stared at me with a blank expression as I walked down toward him. I thought he might be swayed by calling him that. He wasn't replying or anything. Not moving even an inch. This is by far the most snobbish expression I got from him ever since I met him.

Honestly, I'm a bit irritated with him as well. I mean, why should he act like this over one trivial thing? Did I strike his ego or something? I didn't know he could be this narrow minded and big headed at the same time.

When my legs finally got me in front of him, I pointed to the space beside him on this bed. "Can I sit there?"

And he just nodded. Still can't say no when a pretty woman wants to be with you in bed, huh?

So, I cautiously took a seat right beside him.

A moment of silence fell to the room as we both calculated each other's behavior in our minds.

Now, what?

The quietness is killing me! I must say something. "I'm— I'm sorry if that took you by surprise." I start with a soft voice. "I should've told you that it was my plan."

"That's fine. You—" When I heard him answer me in a calm tone, I let out a sigh. Thank goodness his voice doesn't sound as snobbish as his face. "Nayeon, I think you shouldn't have just laughed like that. That is the thing that pissed me off."

"Ne. I understand." I tried to be as polite as I can be with my words. Maybe I really was wrong? Yeah. But I still don't get how he reacted. "This is your life. You should never be left out of those details. I should've taken the doctor's appointment more seriously."

"It's not—" He clicks his tongue and I'm sure that only means he is starting to get annoyed at me again. "Nayeon, it's not like that."

"Huh?"

"It's not— It's just not that. I'm not annoyed because of that."

"Then—" What in the world is he saying?! I peek into his eyes with confusion. I already admitted that I did something wrong and now he's saying it's not that?! "Then, why?"

"You—" He glances at his fists that I observed are now gripping the sheets. Seriously. What more attention should this topic have? Isn't he making this more of a big deal than it should be? He heaves in a deep breath like he needs to prepare himself for whatever he has to say. "Nayeon. You being my wife should never be taken as a joke. And it should never be a laughing matter. That is what pissed me off."

Huh? Wait, what is he— huh? I was silent for a moment. So he was actually taking it as a— Oh, my— What did I just hear?

Jeongyeon took my dumbfounded moment for a chance to get more of his thoughts out of his chest. He stared directly into my eyes and whined like a suddenly fuming teenager. "Do you think that's funny? I plan on making you mine someday and you're making it sound right now like a lame joke abruptly dumped on me without fair warning! How could you take that matter so lightly? I want to say that to people someday because it's true! Not because you needed it to fulfill some promise!"

"Jeong—"

"Nayeon." I was quickly cut off. Wow. He really is taking it all out on me now. I finally found my tongue but clearly, he is not done with his speech yet. "I don't want it to be some kind of play. Don't ruin my dream by making fun of me and my reaction about you being my wife because that is something I am working to achieve right now!"