01. Dada Things

"Hmm?" Chaeyoung raises an eyebrow at his phone's screen that is lit up with a notification. "Who could this—"

"Dada, Dada, Dada!"

The painter's attention was instantly diverted to his child that just unbuckled himself on the second row of the car and opened the window beside him. "Wae, Aduel?"

"It's them!" Chaemi giggles and waves his hands on the window. "HEY! Hey, over here!"

"Hmm?" Chaeyoung rolls the window on the shotgun seat to take a clear look of who his son is talking to. "Who..."

The little Son continued to happily wave from the car. "RM! Ryujin! Chaer!"

"Ahh." The painter chuckles at his excited child who now climbs down from his seat and opens the door beside him. "Careful, Chaemi."

"Ne!" Chaemi quickly answers before running to meet his classmates that were already walking in his direction.

"NO— Ugh!" When Chaeyoung saw how his son almost tripped while running, he clicked his tongue and immediately freed himself from the seatbelt of the car. He goes out to brisk walk after Chaemi as he mutters under his breath. "He is a penguin. Why did he have to be a baby penguin?! He could've been a tiger! Yes, he's cute like his mom but he can't run properly either!"

"Oh, oh, oh." Ryujin shakes RM's arm after seeing their art teacher walking to where they are. "RM, RM, RM."

"Waeee?" RM answers with a bit of annoyance caused by his wiggling arm. "What is it?"

"Look." The excited girl uses her lips to point to Chaeyoung's figure. "Lok, look, look. It's seonsaeng-nim."

The three other kids slowly move their sight to where Chaemi just came from and all grins at the same time. "Teacher Chaeyoung!"

"Hello!" The painter smiles at everyone as he stands beside his son. "Why are you all here? Are your guardian's cars also parked somewhere near us?"

"Aniyo, seonsaeng-nim." RM immediately answers. "We were actually tailing Chaemi. Like junior detectives!"

"Hmm? W— why is that?"

Before RM could speak, Chaemi points a finger to his classmates and yells. "You really don't believe me?!"

"W— well..." Chaeryoung shifts on her foot shyly with her hands clasped in front of her. "I— I wanted to— to believe you but— but it's just—"

"Ugh. Jinjja. Always can't speak straight." Ryujin rolls her eyes at the blushing girl with her and cuts in. "We just wanted to make sure that you're telling us the truth, Chaemi."

"But I already told you everything!" The little Son whines. "Can't you see? It's obvious that this is the truth!"

"Umm." Chaeyoung who was previously listening in to the kids clears his throat to join the conversation. "May I ask what is happening between you friends?"

"Dada." Chaemi pouts and turns to his father. "They don't believe me."

"They don't believe... what?"

RM answers for the little Son. "That you are his father."

"Ahh." Chaeyoung flashes a soft smile. He gently ruffles the hair of the boy who is giving him puppy eyes right now. "So that's what this commotion is all about, huh? Well, it's true. Whatever Chaemi told you, it's the truth. I am his Dada. I am his father."

"Even before?" Ryujin follows up. "Were you the same Dada he was talking about before, seonsaeng-nim? You're not like his... step Dada or something?"

The painter chuckles. "Ani. I'm not his step father. I'm his one and only Dada."