03. Step... No?

Nayeon's POV

"This is it, Im Nayeon." I gulp hard with my hands steadily gripping the handle of the door that says 'Head Chef's Office'.

A minute from now and I would be up face to face with this stupid man again who bewilders me why he just can't get a hold of himself and be true to me and his feelings.

I whisper to myself like some act of elicitation to my alter ego. "Say everything you want so that you won't have any regrets."

That's right. Everything.

I nod in agreement to my own self. "Before you go home tonight, you have got to have a concrete answer. Are you going to pursue your feelings for him... or are you going to erase him from your life? You have to get that answer, Im Nayeon. You have to get that answer."

Because we both know your mind can't hold this kind of stress any more longer than it already tried. I exhale sharply under my breath. "Now or never."

Then, I close my eyes to inhale a generous amount of air. I might run out of it later so I might as well breathe freely right now.

As soon as my eyes opened once again, I pushed in one swoop the only thing that is literally separating me from the person I want to see right the hell now.

I didn't even bother to knock. How rude of me. Maybe at the back of my mind I just wanted to catch him off guard and maybe see if he has another girl here tucked with him naked on his couch.

Ha! At least by that way, whatever relationship we have as of the moment would be instantly finished.

And then I have a valid reason to free myself from him.

And to start moving on from him.

And so there he is. The man who is robbing me off of my sanity these days. His head laid down against his arms that are crossed on top of his desk.

I made a quick scan all over the room with my sharp eyes. There's no other girl inside. Okay. We got past the first hurdle.

I was about to assume he was taking a nap but then he spoke to me without moving from his position, hence not checking if it was me who arrived in his office.

"You're back?" Back? Don't tell me he really was with another girl. I internally scoffed. I purposely did not answer to let him spill more information blindly without knowing who he was talking to. "I thought Jen would hold you longer. What did you two talk about?"

Jen? Isn't that the sous chef? Interesting. I held my silence as I slowly made my way straight to where his desk is. So there was another person with them.

"Hmm?" He shifts on his office chair and lazily straightens his body up and rubs his eyes. "Are you okay? Why are you not—" Uh huh. Just the reaction I was expecting. His eyes slowly widen as he can't be more obvious of the creeping shock of who is standing in front of him right now. "Na— Na— Na— Na— Nayeon?"

I don a proud smirk even though this can't pass as a legitimate achievement. "Hello there, handsome."

"W— wha— wha— What are you—" He panicky stands up to his feet and continuously points at me. "What are you— what are you doing here? How— how— how— how did you—"

"I asked your concierge and luckily, a girl named Jennie told your staff that I can have free access to your office."

"What—" He glared at the door and muttered like the girl I just mentioned is there. "That traitor."