20. Junction

Nayeon smiles after finding Mina sitting on the sand, not too far from the shore. She promptly walks to her and sits beside the dancer. "I think Chaeyoung is enjoying this more than Chaemi. You labeled the kid wrong in the family tree."

The dancer glances and smiles back at the other girl, then goes back to watching the two Sons play with their sand castle a few meters away from her. "Chaeyoung is literally Chaemi's bigger version. They look so nice spending time together like this. They needed this kind of bonding time after only meeting recently as father and son."

The older girl prolonged an exhale. She also stares at the two aforementioned boys with a grin. "You're so purehearted, aren't you? Nonetheless, I'm so happy for you, Mina. Jinjja."

"Hmm. Thanks, Unnie. I didn't know I could be this happy too."

"What did Chaeyoung do to you, huh?"

Mina gives the other girl a playful scoff. "Unnie. I know that he is trying so hard to win our marriage back. I know he is sincere with his words and I will regret it for the rest of my life if I don't give him this chance."

Nayeon looked like she was about to say something for a second, but simply nodded to herself and smiled in the end.

The two girls were quiet for a while after that until Mina decided to speak again. "Where's Jeongyeon Oppa, by the way? I can see he's not with you."

"He is starting to prepare for the barbecue later." Nayeon casually answers. "He said he wanted to make some special dipping sauce... and will be cooking some rice... and then some soup... and will also chop some onion and pineapples for kebabs."

"Daebak." The dance instructor chuckles. "Our head chef is living up to his name!"

"Oh, he really is. I think he also wants to go out to buy some more ingredients which I absolutely don't remember the names of. It sounded more like scientific names to me."

Mina raises an eyebrow. "Is this the first time he is cooking for you? He sounds like he is trying to impress someone here."

"Uh uh." Nayeon waves her pointy finger in the air. "That man already fed me with his hearty meals when I was sick, remember?"

"Ahh. Right. But, that doesn't change the fact that he might want to impress you."

The cafe owner scoffs. "As if."

Mina gives the older girl a mocking look. "You wish."

The two girls stared at each other for a couple of seconds, then they burst into laughter.

Nayeon utters in between chuckles. "Yeah. I wish."

"Oooh." Mina rolls the words out of her mouth in clear teasing. "I think someone's hooked with someone."

"Ya!" The cafe owner hits the dancer's thigh. "Let's not use the word 'hook' with Jeongyeon. That would bring unnecessary thoughts. I've got enough of his player ways."

"Seriously though. What's the real score between you two?"

Nayeon grins at the other girl. "Do we look like there is something going on?"

Mina scoffs. "Does the sun look scorching hot even from millions of light years away?"

The cafe owner laughs loudly. "Mianhae. Yeah, there is of course something going on."

"So? What's the score right now?"

Nayeon prolongs a sigh and stares at the horizon. "No one's keeping a score, sweetheart."

"Hmm?"

The older girl looks down to the sand, then smiles at Mina. "I can't tell you for now the actual reason since it is not my story to tell. But, I assure you that me and Jeongyeon will get there. He's just a bit—" She bites her lower lip and pauses for a second. "We are just taking it one step at a time."