33. Untracked

Sana walks to the man who is slouching on the living room's couch of Mina's house, looking deprived of his inner energy. "Hey."

Dahyun didn't need to check who spoke. He just flutters his sleepy eyes open and straightens his body against the backrest. "Hey."

The artist sits beside her husband. "Chaemi is already asleep?"

"Ages ago." Dahyun sighs. "How about Mina?"

"She finally fell asleep on her own after wetting her pillow with nonstop tears."

The manager bites his lower lip and scoffs. "Basically cried herself to sleep, huh?"

Sana heaves in a deep breath and puts her head over Dahyun's shoulder. "Hmm. I can't believe Chaeyoung is doing this."

"He might have a good reason."

"What?!" The artist rolls her eyes and instantly raises her voice. "What kind of person would have a good reason for letting his family be like this? I will never—"

"Yeob—"

"I will never forgive him! How dare him do this to—"

"Hey. Hey, hey, hey." Dahyun clears his throat and cuts in. "Don't talk to me like I'm the one doing this to you. I'm not Chae. And you're not Mina. Don't take your annoyance out on me."

"But—" Sana exhales sharply. "They're our best friends. Mina's my best friend! She's dear to me. Of course, I'd be enraged by what is happening!"

"I know." Dahyun puts his right arm around his wife's shoulder. "It breaks my heart to also think how Chaemi is clueless of all of this. I hope he never figures it out though. It's better like this. He's only a child."

There was silence for a moment as the couple got into their own minds in deep thoughts or simply spacing out.

Then, Sana calls out in a whisper. "Yeobo."

"Hmm?"

"Is your answer still the same?"

"Hmm?" Dahyun scrunches his eyebrows. "Answer about what?"

"Are you sure..." Sana spoke slowly as if cautious with her every word. "You don't know where in the world your best friend is right now and you have no idea what he is up to?"

"Umm— umm..." The K-pop manager gulps. "Why— why... are you asking me again?"

"Right. I should've just believed you the first time I got your response when we were in the car earlier, shouldn't I?"

"Hm—" The manager seems to be looking nervous and tense. "Hmm."

Sana sighs, then leans back from Dahyun to straighten her body on the couch and face him. "So."

"Yeah?"

"Kim Dahyun."

Dahyun flashes a forced smile. "N— ne, Yeobo?"

Sana raises an eyebrow and crosses her arms in front of her. "Where the hell is Son Chaeyoung?"

"Umm... Yeob— Yeobo..." The manager chuckles in an awkward manner. "I thought you— I— I already told you the answer. I thought you already believed in that? And— and you know... I think it's a little late now so why don't we—"

"DAHYUN."

"W—" Dahyun flinched. "Wae? Wae?"

"WAE?" Sana scoffs. "Ugh. Jinjja." She ruffles her hair in dissatisfaction. "WAE?! You're asking me why? Seriously—"

"Yeobo." Dahyun heaves in a deep breath. He continued calmly as he raised both his arms to hold each of his wife's shoulders. "The truth is... umm... I— I kind of... umm... the— the truth is..."