07. Red

"AH—" Nayeon glares at the girl who just cheered an iced coffee to her cheek. "Tzuyu!"

The future cafe owner is still in her school uniform. Her usual laptop bag lying to her side on the couch for two she is currently occupying in the middle of what looks like a busy coffee shop.

Tzuyu giggles as she puts down two iced americano on the table in front of the future cafe owner. She is wearing short denim shorts and a loose hoodie. "Let me take this." She gets Nayeon's laptop bag and places it on the empty couch adjacent to where the older girl is.

Nayeon watches the veterinary student innocently. "Wae?"

The tall girl grins at her Unnie and heaves in a deep breath before taking a seat on the space that the laptop bag freed. As soon as she settled herself beside Nayeon, a faint blush displayed on her cheeks while she wasn't able to utter anything.

Nayeon faintly scoffs while stifling a smile. "Ya."

Tzuyu reaches for her iced coffee and hums with the straw in her mouth. "Hmm?"

The older girl bites her lower lip in a miserable attempt to hide her smile.

The future vet doctor lets go of her beverage and not so innocently tilts her head and asks again. "Waeee?"

Nayeon just shakes her head. "Nothing."

Tzuyu then nods and picks up her coffee again.

There was a moment of silence between the two as the small space between them shortened inch by inch until the sides of their thighs were touching each other.

"So." Nayeon starts. "You have a brother?"

"Uh huh. Why did you suddenly ask?"

"Ahh. Did it sound too sudden?" The older girl slightly bows. "Mianhae. I didn't want to sound like I'm trying to pry on anything. Just curious about your family."

Tzuyu smiles. "It's fine. I didn't mean it that way. Anyway, yes. I do have one sibling. An older brother. He's in another country though."

"Do you think he'll like me?"

The veterinary student stares at the other girl with wonder.

"A— ahh." Nayeon awkwardly chuckles. "I didn't— I know it came out weird but I just— I was just—" She started waving her hands in the air when Tzuyu arched an eyebrow at her. "Tzuyu-ah! I was just trying to get to know your family and I just want them to like me!" She breaks eye contact and mumbles while looking to the floor. "That's a requirement when you see yourself still with the person you are currently in love with for the rest of your future, you know."

Tzuyu can't help but smile. She stretches her right arm to use her hand and guide Nayeon's chin so that the two of them see each other eye to eye. "There's no need to rush, Nayeon-ah. I promise to bring you to one of our family dinners when Oppa comes back home so that we can be one whole family. It may not be in the next few months but what's the rush, right? We have a forever ahead of us. I'm sure we will still have plenty of time for us to worry about our families in the future."

Nayeon's cheeks are starting to blush at the same time a sweet smile draws to her face. "Hmm."

"Don't put much thought into it." Tzuyu lets go of the other girl's chin. "We just started going out. We should prioritize knowing each other more. I want to know more about you. If possible, I want to know everything about you."

The future cafe owner just nodded in response.

"Also..." Then, a playful smirk appears on the veterinary student's face. She heaves in a deep breath and looks away from Nayeon while uttering her statement clearly, making sure the other person on the couch with her hears it well. "I actually don't care if my family would like you or not. If I love you, I love you. Their opinion doesn't matter, Nayeon. My feelings will not change no matter what they say about you."