17. Arguably

Jihyo and Momo both catch their breath after the latter finally decided to stop running along random, makeshift paths on the huge park they are in.

The teacher sat and then lied down on the grass while her best friend had both her hands propped the sides of her waist.

"Momo."

"Yeah?" Momo answers breathily while staring at the sky.

"What was that?"

"Hmm?" The teacher replies innocently. "Which? What?"

Jihyo rolls her eyes and walks to stand right beside the other girl, towering over Momo's view. "Why did you suddenly grab my hand and run to... wherever we are right now. What was that, huh? Wae?"

Momo scrunches her eyes at her. "What do you mean?"

"Oh, come on!"

The homeroom teacher chuckles. She waves her right hand over her. "Move. You're blocking my view."

Jihyo rolls her eyes again and prolongs an exhale. "Fine. Don't mind me and play dumb. I have nothing better to say anyway."

The secretary turned her heel around and was about to step away when a sudden tug on her wrist was made. "AAAHHH—"

And the next second, Jihyo is down, lying on the grass where Momo previously was. Like they switched places, the elementary teacher's face is now on her view along with the blue sky behind her.

Momo is grinning as if she did something that should be proud of. She moves to sit right beside where Jihyo is, crossing her legs with each other. "See?"

The secretary scoffs. "What do you mean 'see'? And I almost had a heart attack!"

The teacher just laughs out loud in response.

"Ya!" Jihyo hits her best friend's stomach. "What is wrong with you?!"

Momo calms herself and smiles tenderly this time. She uses both her palms to cup both of Jihyo's cheeks and guide her face to be upright against the ground. Then, she leans her body, including her face away from Jihyo. "See? The sky is beautiful."

The secretary's face slowly lightens up as a shy smile appears on it. "I hate to admit it but... you're right. The sky looks beautiful today."

When Momo saw the satisfaction on her best friend's face, she slowly removed her hand from her and shifted on the grass to lie right beside her.

"Of course, I'm right." The teacher mumbles while looking at Jihyo's face whose eyes are now fixated on the morning glow of the sky. "It has always been so beautiful in my eyes. Even at this time of the day. Even at any time of the day."

*********

Nayeon bows to the psychologist who has a nameplate on his table that says 'Dr. Park Jin Young'. "I'm leaving him now in your care, sir."

"Don't worry." The doctor smiles back at her. "I promise to make sure to help him the best I can."

The cafe owner politely bows again to the middle aged looking man, then faces a fairly flushed Jeongyeon sitting on the other side of the table.

The chef blinks and mumbles. "Wha— N— Now, what?"

Nayeon winks at him and waves. "See you later, honey. Don't miss me so much, okay?"

Jeongyeon just gulps as he watches the girl exit the doctor's office. As soon as the door shut behind her, he let out a huge sigh like he was holding his breath for a while.

"Your wife's something." The psychologist chuckles. "I'd give you that."

"My wife?" Jeongyeon looks at Jin Young puzzled.