16. The Sons

Chaeyoung looks at the rearview mirror of the car they are in, watching his son put his seatbelt on. He smiled from the driver's seat and waited for the little boy to finish his task before speaking. "You good, Aduel?"

Chaemi puts both his hand on top of his lap and grins. "Ne, Dada."

The painter simply nods in response to the child and turns to the woman on the shotgun seat. "How about you, Yeobo?"

Mina smiles and hums. "Hmm."

"Alright then." Chaeyoung puts the car's gear to drive and begins stepping on the gas. "We're off!"

Chaemi giggles from the backseat and yells. "We're off!"

Mina simply chuckles and shakes her head at them.

After about fifteen minutes of comfortable driving, Chaeyoung glances to his side and starts. "Yeobo."

"Hmm?"

"I did not make you wait that long earlier, did I?"

"Ahh." Mina looks to the direction of the driver's seat. "Don't worry about it. More importantly, what happened with your meeting? Did it go well?"

"Hmm." Chaeyoung slowly bops his head twice while keeping an eye on the road. "I told you that Jisoo was so excited when I told her I wanted to meet her, right?"

"Yep. You did."

"Well, that all showed more when I met with her earlier today. She had everything drafted neatly. The contract... the details of the proposal... the benefits and all which means also the pay... It's just that— I don't want to brag that much but I think she really wanted to work with me."

The dance instructor nods. "I see. That's good to hear then."

"Yeah." Chaeyoung smiles. "I was very apologetic though with how we had to meet at a very early time of the day."

"It's actually a good thing that you adjusted to an earlier time. You still extended your agreed duration of the meeting anyway. Which I told you should be expected."

"Mianhae." The painter glances at the woman beside him. "I didn't want to make you two wait so much. Believe me, I tried my best to not extend it longer than it should."

"Ya." The dancer chuckles. "I already told you it's fine! Anyway, did you take the offer—"

"You two are not fighting, right?" Chaemi's voice cut through the ongoing conversation in the car. "Why has Dada been apologizing nonstop ever since he went back from the museum?"

The couple at the front seat both gave each other a knowing look for a second.

Then, Mina clears her throat and turns her body to slightly face the second row where their son is. "Dada is just being paranoid, baby. Don't worry about us."

"Okay." Chaemi shrugs so casually. "But, are we still far from Nayeonie? I miss her. I haven't been seeing her these days."

The dancer glances at the car's infotainment screen. "The navigation system says thirty minutes. Wae? Are you bored already? We almost just got off of the house, you know."

Chaeyoung butts in the conversation. "Maybe he is just that excited."

"Of course I am!" The little Son answers with beaming energy. "We are finally going to the beach! I can finally see the ocean!"

"Oh." The painter perks up. "This is your first time going to the sea, son?"

Chaemi nods. "I was always busy with painting during weekends and I started schooling early since mommy said I am smart and I know mommy is always busy with taking care of me and her students and the studio and Nayeonie also has a lot of things to do in the cafe and you were always away. So, I never had the chance."