Ch. 3: Watching Guilt and Voices

Their question didn't get answered as the scene continued.

Luz looked down, saddened and ashamed of her actions. Not just from last night but long before that.

"I'm sorry. I messed everything up again!" Luz said, grabbing her hair.

"Luz, you didn't. You didn't mess everything up." Amity said to her.

"But I did! I started all of this because I helped Belos when he was Philip Wittebane 300 years ago!" Luz said, sitting on the couch in shame.

Everyone looked at the speakers in hopes of an explanation.

"Hello? Mr. "Gods?" Please?" Adrian asked, being snippy and curious.

"Silence, you overrated actor. We're getting to it." Jss2141 said.

"You see, when the Clawthorne sisters were young, they searched for the legend of Timepools, which allow you to travel to a random period in time if you stumble into it. They didn't find them but years later, with the help of a little titans blood, Lilith and Luz went back to the "Savage Ages" to learn about railings." Mr. Hardcor3 explained. "But instead, they ran into one of the first humans to enter the demon realm, Philip Wittebane aka Emperor Belos before he was the emperor."

That only resulted in more questions flying, which resulted in Mr. Hardcor3 walking into the room, pointing a gun in the air and firing a bullet.

"Sit down, shut up." He said, "We'll be here forever if you keep asking non-stop questions. If they aren't revealed in what you're watching, we'll answer them."

"But that doesn't make sense! If Belos is this Phillip human, how is he still alive?" Osran, the Oracle Coven leader, asked as he strokes his finger beard.

"DUH! The palisman essence! It extends his life while also making him more of a monster than a man! I know at least two people here that have seen it!" Jss2141 said, referring to Luz and Hunter.

"What did you people think he did when someone joined the Coven?" Mr. Hardcor3 asked.

This made the witches that haven't joined a coven gulp nervously, summoning their Palismen on instinct and holding them protectively.

'I don't think I want to join the Plant/Bard/Healing coven anymore.' Amelia, Skara, and Cat thought at the same time.

"He... he mentioned that you helped him meet the collector." Amity said, looking at Luz nervously. "That... that was a lie, right?"

"It's not. Using a time pool, me and Lilith inadvertently helped him find the disk the Collector was trapped in." Luz said, looking down in guilt. "I... I didn't know it was him. I... I-"

"Was manipulated." Hunter said, cutting Luz off. "That's what Belos does, he manipulates and eliminates anyone that doesn't fall in line... you shouldn't feel guilty, we've all fallen for his lies."

Hunter thought back to what he learned in Belos mind. He closed his eyes, he has fallen for Belos lies... for who knows how many lifetimes.

But no more, this was a sign that it was time for him to break away FOR good. Just like he apparently has done in the future.

"If it wasn't you, he would've used and lied to someone else to get what he wanted." Gus said, smiling at Luz.

Luz just looked down, still feeling a bit sad.

"Maybe, but I still am the reason you guys can't get home." Luz said, slapping her head. "Drinking Titan's Blood, what was I thinking!?"

"Well, most people don't think things through that well when they're, you know... dying!" Boscha said, "Human, NEVER do something that dumb again!"