Ch. 12: Watching Glyph Testing

"Well... that's not concerning or anything." Luz said sarcastically.

"Yep, a random living sludge was watching you guys. That's not concerning at all." King said, equally sarcastic.

"Wait, didn't that look like the stuff coming out of Hunter when Belos possessed him?" Willow pointed out.

This made Hunter shiver, holding himself as he felt himself about to be sick.

"Uh... Mr. God, sir?" Amity asked, "Will this come back to bite us on the ass?"

"As my friend would say... fuck yeah." Jss2141 said through the speaker.

Once everyone was in the den, Luz was hugged tightly by her mother and sister as they spoke rapidly in Spanish about how worried they were and how glad they were to see Luz was alright.

Somehow, despite having the strength of a Titan, trying to get her mom and sister to let go was an impossible feat.

"Strength of a god... no match for angry hispanic family." Luz said, shaking her head.

"Damn right it's not. A worried mother gains the strength of ten people when her child is in danger." Camila said firmly.

"And then there's the literal shapeshifter, who could probably increase her strength whenever she wants." Luz said, looking at Vee.

"Darn right." Vee said before she changed her arms to be big and muscular.

"Vee stop, you're going to get a group of fangirls." Luz said.

"Jealous?" Vee asked, grinning.

"Um, mom? Vee? Not that I don't enjoy the hug, but-" Luz was cut off as Vee grew her tail and covered her mouth.

"Cállate, vamos a saborear esto./Shut up, let us savor this." Vee said in Spanish.

"Oh! So that's what Spanish sounds like." Skara said, interested.

'Maybe I can ask for lessons later?' She thought.

"Amity, help!" Luz said.

"I'm good." Amity said.

"Botata!" Luz shouted.

"What? I can't break a family hug." Amity said with her hands up.

"Uh... I'm technically half god, so... please?" Luz asked, giving puppy eyes.

"Nope. It wouldn't be right to interrupt a family moment." Amity said, shaking her head.

"Wow, do you sound petty." Boscha comments.

"Look who's talking?" Amity snapped back.

Boscha just looked at her.

"... Fair point." She said.

"Hmph." Amity let out with grin.

"Pride before the fall, Amity." Lilith said but got a look from Amity and Eda. "Yes, I know the irony, shut up."

Luz bemoaned to this as Gus, Willow, and Hunter took some pictures with cameras or scrolls. After another minute of hugging and finally let Luz go, allowing her to stretch as she was met by Hunter.

"I've never been more happy to see you." He said, afraid since she passed out.

"I feel kind of insulted by that, but whatever." Luz said, playfully rolling her eyes.

"Why?" Hunter asked, confused.

"It's just friendly banter, Hunter. You'll get it someday." Luz said, waving her hand.