Ch. 13: Watching Thinking of the Future

"Okay, I think that's enough for now." Luz said, checking off all the glyphs she knew. "Even the mist glyph combo is way more powerful with me."

"Mist?" Lilith asked.

"Fire and ice with a connected circle." Hunter answers.

Lilith quickly wrote that down. If there was any glyph or glyph combination she never created or saw before, she'd write it down.

"What about these two?" Amity asked, pointing to two more glyph combinations. "What are they?"

"Petrification and monster summoning, do NOT touch them." Luz said, closing her notebook. "Trust me, they ain't pretty."

"Petrification?!" Everyone but Eda, King, and Luz shouted in shock before looking at Luz.

"Hssssss! Yeah...really want to forget that one. AND monster summoning." Luz said with a wince. "Tested that on Beefy Boy."

"BEEFY BOY?!" Gus shouted in shock of his favorite human world figurine being destroyed. "NOOOOOOOO!"

'Probably shouldn't have said anything.' Luz thought.

"I hate to ask but.....what is the monster hand glyph like?" Cat asked, looking at the screen.

"It's....like abomination magic but dark gray, with white claws, and....and urge to kill." Luz said slowly.

"Believe me, I saw it and squashed it before it could get her." Eda said quickly as Camila looked extremely worried.

"I never want to use it again." Luz said.

And once again, Camila chugged her ice coffee before getting a new cup.

"Then why do you have them in your notebook?" Vee asked.

"I'd prefer it if I never have to use them but it's better to have them and not need them than need them and not have them." Luz said, shaking her head. "Now, why don't we relax and try to figure out how to make a portal?"

"Again, my blood." Luz said.

"NO." Luz's friend group and mother said firmly.

"Already?" Hunter asked her. "We just got finished testing the glyphs. Maybe you need a break before we decide to take your blood."

"Agreed." Camila quickly said, mainly to not let her daughter purposefully bleed herself dry.

Many people grabbed onto Luz to make sure she didn't try anything.

"Why not? I heal fast." Luz said, shrugging. "We have to use my blood to make a portal anyway."

"But you could pass out from blood loss." Camila said to her.

"I could just drink sugar water to help." Luz quickly said, shrugging.

"That doesn't fully help!" Camila quickly argued.

"I'll be fine." Luz said, before holding her hand up. "Now someone get me a knife, let's see if my finger can regenerate."

And with that comment, Luz was put into a straight jacket by Cat.

"What the heck?!" Luz shouted, struggling in the straight jacket.

"At this point Luz, I'm surprised you weren't put in one sooner." Gus said, tapping his fingers. "You have to admit, you DO get into a lot of dangerous situations."

"And you don't?!" Luz asked him

"Well, yes but as of late, you're usually the cause." Willow said.

"Not that we don't "love" it but cutting body parts off on a theory is where we draw the line." Amity said.