The battle against douma.

*Tanjro and Giyuu have just finished fighting Akaza and Kanao hasn't just yet gone to Shinobu. They are currently resting after the battle until Kanao comes up to them and asks for help*

Tomioka POV

"Tanjiro! Tomioka san!" Kanao yells as she runs up to us.

Who is this girl? She has a butterfly pin just like shinobu. Did she die and get reincarnated? No matter hiw many times she dies she's always there to pester me.

"Hey Kanao!" Tanjiro replies.

Kanao? She must be Shinobus tsguko. I have a vivid memory of me and Shinobu being on a misson together and her telling me about her. Thank god she's not Shinobu. I don't need her reincarnation pestering me.

"Please help, Shinobu is in danger." She cries. "She injected wisteria poison and she wants the upper rank 2 to eat her so he's poisoned."

My eyes widen in shock. Everything began to make sense to me. This is why her skin looked so pale. I always knew there was something wrong about her smile and I knew she hated upper two.

"Why would she do that?" Tanjiro replied.

"You see, I had another elder sister her name was Kanae. She was older then me and shinobu. She used to be the flower hashira and she loved us dearly. Until one day, she was fighting upper 2 and died. Ever since then she's been planning revenge. She's always angry and won't live in peace until this demon dies. She knows that we both are too weak so she's been injecting wisteria poison in her body for a long time so it will be easier for me to kill the demon but I don't want my elder sister to die. Please help!!!" She explained.

The way I saw shinobu changed. I never seemed to think there was any thing behind her annoying personality but I was wrong. We're no different she won't get over Kanae's death the same way I will never get over Tsutako. I must save her.

"If that's the case we must help you." I said.

"Thank you so much" She replied.

Shinobu's pov

I proceeded to fight douma and then I heard a few footsteps. It was finally time to die and meet my family. A feeling of excitement entered my body.

I took a few steps towards Douma knowing theese were my last moments.

"Shinobu stay back.", Giyu said as he grabbed me and pulled me away, "It's dangerous.".

"Where's Kanao?" I asked.

"Kanao and Tanjiro are with me. We had no demons to fight so we decided to look around for demons and we found you." He replied.

"Oh, I see." I responded.

The excitement began to leave my body. This was my chance to die but of course, it had to be ruined. Why am I even here? It's not like im even useful. If I was strong enough I wouldn't be here I would be fighting another demon with Kanae. I deserve to die.

"Your skin seems quite pale. Perhaps a demon used your own poison on you. Drink this." He said.

My gaze widened. How did he realise. I always saw him giving me concerned looks at hashiea meetings and on missions but I never knew he realised.

"You noticed...?" I asked

"I always have." He responds.           

"Let's just fight this demon." I say.