Searching for satisfaction

Today is the day I can finally leave the butterfly mansion.

"Bye Tomioka-san!" Shinobu says with a bright smile on her face.

"Bye Kocho." I respond.

I get home. Something about me is empty. I'm never satisfied. I became the water pillar. I defeated Muzan. I started to show emotions. I found people who care about me. Yet it is never enough. Nothing will ever be enough. If I was strong enough to save Nee san and Sabito maybe then I would be enough. But no, I'm sitting here alone.

Just then, I get a flashback of Tanjiro telling me about Sabitos soul. Maybe I can finally be happy.

There isn't a second to waste. I prepare to leave and walk off. I don't exactly know where I'm going. I wander around near my house for a good 10 minutes. I knew I wouldn't find anything but I felt very desperate and didn't know where to look.

Suddenly, something clicked in my mind. Of course! Tanjiro told me he saw Sabito at Mount Sagiri when he was training to cut the boulder. That's also where we trained so it makes a lot of sense.

"Sabito, I must find you." I say.

I walk and walk for quite a while. I don't exactly know how long I've been walking but it feels like forever.

I get quite bored. I got used to have the company of others at butterfly mansion. Its not something that I want but it was fun.  Even when Kocho annoyed me.

She wasn't that bad of a person. She was just like me and had her own struggles. It hurt my eyes to see her suffer. Such a happy and bright person. I really hope she takes her medication. Her death would be such a pity for many. Going to the other demon slayers funerals were hard enough.

Atleast they had someone. I'm all alone.

I continue to walk and see a nearby village with two young kids. They seem to be siblings. They remind me of my and my sister. If only I could protect her.

"Hey!!! Stop bullying me and my brother!" One of them screams.

"What are you gonna do?"Another kid ,who looks a lot older than them,replies.

"I-im gonna.... I'm gonna!" The other kid exclaims.

"You don't even know what your doing. I'm going to hurt you and your sister." The older kid says.

I walk over to them.

"Stop bullying them. They are younger than you and harmless. Aren't you ashamed?" I ask.

"I'm sorry sir." The older kid replies.

"Good, now go." I say.

"Thank you sir." The kids responds.

"It's no problem. You both should get stronger so nobody can ever harm you." I reply.

"We will!" They exclaim.

I walk away yet I can still hear them.

"I'm sorry sister. I'm too weak to protect you!" The younger brother says.

Just then a memory hits my head.

A flashback from when a demon attacked Giyuu's family

"I'm sorry sister. I'm not strong enough to protect you!" I cried.

"Don't ever say that brother. I want you to stay strong." She replies

"There is no point running children. I will kill you." A demon yelled.

Just then the demon grabbed me my whole body and all I could do was scream.

"AAHH!! PLEASE SOMEONE SAVE US!!!" I exclaimed.

No one heard it.

"I'll save you Giyu!" She said as she drags me away from the demon.

"Say your final words." The demon said as he grabbed my sister and slowly stretches her limbs.

"STOP PLEASE DONT DO THIS!!" I yelled as I attempted to save her by grabbing onto her but fail.

"Please Giyu. Live a happy life without me." She said quietly as she tried to breath.

Just then I watched in horror as the demon grabbed Tsutako's limbs and ripped them apart one by one. Blood dripped down her body as tears fell down my cheeks.

The demon looked up to the sky and he could see the sun rising up above him. His expression seemed weird. It was like he was scared. I didn't understand. How could such a heartless creature like the demon that killed my sister be scared of something?

"Your lucky." It whispered as it ran away off into the horizon.

I stared down at my dead sister and began to uncontrollably sob. She was the only person who was there for me but I was not able to save her from this monster.

"If only I was strong!" I murmured under my breath as I stared down at my sisters corpse.

Just then, something hit my head. It was a tree. I must have been too caught up in the memories that i got a bit unaware of where I was going.

I looked up at the night sky. It had already become dark. I was in a forest. The forest looked very big. It would be quite hard to find a village without walking so much. I guess. I should just find somewhere to rest in the forest.

As I walk around a find a cave. It seemed massive so I decided to walk around. As I walked I found an exit to the cave. It seems strange but I went through it anyways.

The cave hid a beautiful stream with clear blue water. It had a range of different plants. The wir felt calm. It was full of many animals and insects even butterflies.

As I looked around I saw a girl. I couldn't see properly so I didn't  who she was but she looked short and had some sort of clip in her hair.