The value of time

I hope you guys have mentally and physically prepared yourself for anything because this chapter is a full emotional roller-coaster.

After a long walk I finally arrived at some sort of hidden place. It was like a park. It had colorful flowers laying on the ground and a lake full of clear blue water. There were a few animals around and overall  the place looked very peaceful.

I wonder why Giyuu wanted to meet me here.

Giyuu's POV

I patiently waited until I saw a short figure appear into the distance. I couldn't see what it was exactly doing but it seemed to be looking around. I assumed it was Shinobu.

She was wearing a purple kimono with a flowery design and her usual hairstyle. She looked as beautiful as ever.

Eventually, Shinobu noticed me and we began to talk. We run around and catch up for a while.

"There you are!" Shinobu exclaims. "I've been looking for you everywhere."

"I've been screaming your name but this place is extremely big so I don't think you heard anything." I reply.

"Oh well, but we're together now so let's spend some time together." She responds.

"Your right." I reply.

"Come catch me!" She yells.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Catch me." Shinobu says as she run.

Shinobu was fast. She was the fastest Hashira so when I trained with her I'd always be our of breath.

"Slow down!" I yell.

"No thanks." She replies.

I spend a good ten minutes chasing after her until she finally slows down giving me the chance to catch her.

"I got you."I say.

"It took you too long." She replies.

"Wow." I sarcastically reply.

"Let's sit down." She laughs.

And just like that we were both sitting cross legged onto the grass. We began to stare into the night sky like we usually do. At this point, it's become a tradition. We talked and laughed. I loved being with Shinobu. She was an amazing person. She helped me at the lowest point in my life and gave me a reason to live. Without her, I'd be nothing. And that is why Shinobu Kocho is the love of my life.

"I really liked this suprise you planned." She says.

"Suprise?" I ask.

"You said to meet you for a suprise in the letter you sent me." She explains.

Oh shit. I forgot why I brought her here. It was because I had to confesse to her and thay was my "suprise".

"This wasn't the suprise, I forgot about the actual suprise." I reply.

"What is the 'actual suprise'?" She asks.

I began to feel nervous. I had to do what I practiced. It's now or never. I promised myself I'd confess to her today. I must do it.

"I have something to tell you." I say.

I begin to feel even more nervous. I don't why I feel like this but I told everyone I'd confess. Its confirmed that today is the day I tell her. I will do it.

"What is it?" Shinobu asks.

"I-" I say.

Suddenly something enters my body and makes it hard for me to breath. I gasp for air like my life depends on it.

"I-I l-lo." I mumble.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Douma's follower POV

I have finally avenged you Douma. I followed the young woman here and then proceeded to infect this gas everywhere. After a few minutes they'll be deceased.

Shinobu POV

"GIYUU! COVER YOUR MOUTH!!" I yell.

He covers his mouth and begins to talk.

"I l-love y-you." He says while trying to gasp for air.

"Me too!" I reply.

I had worked with poisonous gasses a few times so it wasn't new to me. I was able to properly talk but I can't guarantee I'll wake up to see another tommorow.

Throughout my life, I never understood the value of time. Time felt infinite. No matter how slow or fast it went there was always more time. I had never ran out of time. This was my first and last time.

"If only we had more time together." Giyuu says.

"Maybe in another universe time would be on our side. I've loved you for so long but I just couldn't say it. If only I could. Maybe we could've became a couple before we died but its too late. One day, we'll wake up by eachothers side when we're reincarnated. But for now, all I can do is die by your side." I respond.

"Every version of me loves you Kocho." Giyuu smiles.

I hugged him as we watched the night sky together for one last time before our corpes begin to rot.

I'm sorry for doing this guys. Pls forgive me.

I'll be writing another story where they get reincarnated and have a HAPPY ending.