Five.

A/N: Oh my gosh! I'm so happy that someone is actually reading this book! Thank you guys so much and feel free to comment and vote! Love you!❤️❤️
~Mike❤️❤️

TW: PTSD and panic attack.

(Azara's POV)

It was the next day and today they would start to train up in the air.

I stood behind the podium, in front of the class as I briefed them on today's training.

"Today we are going to be starting our training up in the air. Were going to do some basic dogfighting and exercised that you all are already familiar with." I told them. My signature stare still present on my face.

"Maverick will be joining you as a bogey." I informed them.

"Ha, I already know what the old man flies like. This will be easy." Hangman muttered under his breath, but I heard him. I internally smirked. Little did they know that I'll be surprising them up in the air later.

"You all are to report to Hondo, and head to the gym at five minutes. Because Maverick has some testing in an hour, we will start training at 1:00. You are dismissed." I finished. In reality, It was me who was going up and not my dad. Since I hadn't been in a jet in a year, I was going to go up now before surprising the class in the air later.

I went to the women's locker room and got ready. Before meeting my dad outside the training room. I was as nervous as ever. But I didn't let my strong facade break.

My dad gave me a sad smile. Putting his hand on my shoulder. "It's okay to be scared, Azara. Especially after what you've been through. Take your time, we have more than enough time to do this. I'll meet you at your plane." He squeezed my shoulder, before walking away.

I took a deep breath to try and steady my beating heart. I felt my breathing get heavier and my throat close at the idea of getting in that plane.

I put my back against the wall and slid down until I was sitting on the floor. I pulled my legs up to my chest and attempted to get my breath back.

It felt like I wasn't even on earth anymore. It felt like my body was weightless and that I was just there. That I was just existing.

My mind was racing a million miles an hour. But wouldn't focus on one thing.

I tapped my fingers on the floor as I attempted to ground myself, but nothing was working. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't do anything. It was like. I was trapped in my own existence.

I heard footsteps, and then I saw a pair of brown leather boots in front of me. And for a moment I hoped it was my father or phoenix, that was here to help me.

But the person crouched down in front of me and I was suddenly face to face with the person I didn't know I needed at that moment. It was Lukas.

I tried to speak or do something, but I was unable to speak or do anything. Since I was currently still doing nothing but existing as it seemed that my mind couldn't register anything but the panic I was trapped in.

(Lukas's POV)

I was going to help Azara with her first flight and was told she was in the training room, so I was headed that way, when I saw a figure of a woman huddled against the wall outside of the training room.

My brows furrowed as I got closes to her to see what was wrong. I stood in front of her and my breath hitched as I realized that it was Azara.

She was hugging her knees, her breathing heavy and her eyes radiating pure fear and panic.