Thirty two.

(Azara's POV)

I glanced in the mirror as the kettle boiled. I took in my wrecked appearance and inhaled slowly.

My eyes were red and puffy, my cheeks were tear stained and my breathing was uneven as I tried to calm the aftershocks of my anxiety attack.

I had gotten over the depression phase of grieving, but sometimes my anxiety got the best of me.

It had been 4 months since Inferno's death and everything was slowly but surely going back to normal...well as normal as life can be without my best friend by my side.

I made myself a cup of tea to ease my nerves.

I washed my face and composed myself, feeling much better after letting everything out. Sometimes that's all you needed, you know?

It was a while later that my phone rang. I smiled when I glanced at the caller ID and answered my phone, hearing a familiar female voice on the other end. "Hi. Phoenix."

"Hey, Az. How are you?"

"I'm good thanks and you?" I replied.

"I'm good thanks. Hey, I was wondering if you would like to go shopping with me." She asked cheerfully.

A bit too cheerfully.....

I thought for a moment...why not? It would be fun.

"Ok. That would be great." I replied after a beat of hesitation.

I could hear the smile in her voice as she told me she would pick me up in an hour. I agreed and ended the call, getting up to get ready.

We were going shopping and I didn't know if we had to try things on so I put on a simple T-shirt and jean shorts.

I tied my hair in a small ponytail, grabbed my phone and purse and smiled as I heard my doorbell ring, actually excited for this little surprise shopping trip.

I opened the door to see a beaming Natasha. "Hi." I greeted, hugging her tightly.

"You ready?" She asked as she hugged me back. I nodded as I locked the door behind me.

We jammed out to music in the car and I noticed once again that Natasha was in a really good mood today. She wouldn't stop smiling and it looked like she would jump out of her seat in excitement.

I tried to ignore it, maybe she just woke up in a happy mood.

A really happy mood...

We reached the mall and did some window shopping, chatting about work and day to day stuff.

We were walking by shops casually when Nat suddenly pulled me into a shop and pointed out a dress; it was a knee length, tight fitting red cocktail dress with spaghetti straps.

"You should try it on." She said, handing me the dress and pointing towards the fitting rooms.

I nodded. "Ok. I'll be out in a sec."

I got the dress on easily enough and smoothed out the wrinkles as I stepped out of the fitting room, waiting for Nat's reaction.

She looked up from what she was typing on her phone and furrowed her brows in thought, trailing her eyes up and down my form. "Mhhhmm....no." She met my eyes again. "Red is not your color."

I chuckled as she gave me another dress to try on.

***

After a lot of dresses, shops and giggles we finally found a dress that Nat was convinced was the one.