Sixteen.

A/N: just a heads up, there's gonna be a lot of hopping from POV to POV and Rooster doesn't have a tux on in the chapter but he looks so good so I had to add the photo. 😂

~Mike.❤️

(Azara's POV)

After me and Rooster had trained, we both went home to change and meet up for dinner.

I showered and changed into a cute, dark green floral dress, a jean jacket, leather sandals. With golden bracelets and a golden necklace. And I pulled the front parts of my hair into a small ponytail letting the rest hang loose.

I grabbed my purse and phone and just as I came down the stairs, there was a knock at my door. I opened it to see Bradly wearing a grey T-shirt, jeans, black shoes and his aviators. A bright smile on his face.

I smiled at him and stepped out, closing and locking the door behind me. "You look beautiful." He complimented as we walked to his Bronco.

"Thank you, you don't look so shabby yourself." He chuckled at my response and opened the passenger door of the Bronco for me. I thanked him and climbed in. He closed it, went around and got into the drivers seat.

"So where are we going?" I attempted to ask, only got a smile in response.

"You're gonna have to wait and see." He replied with a smirk. We chatted about various things until we pulled up in front of an antique diner.

Bradly put the car in park and got out, walked around to my side and opened the door for me. I smiled at him in thanks and got out.

He held the door for me and we entered the diner. When we stepped inside it was like stepping into a time capsule.

With the hardwood floors, red leather booths and colorful painted walls.

We took a seat at a corner booth and looked through the menu.

(Rooster's POV)

When the waitress came, a short, well built middle aged woman with bright red hair and crystal blue eyes. We ordered.

I ordered a coke zero and a burger and chips while Azara ordered a lemonade and chicken strips and chips.

After the waitress left, Azara looked around in awe until realization hit her, she turned to me and asked. "Is this..?" She trailed off, still looking around.

I nodded, smiling. "It is." This was the bar where Goose and Maverick came after work. Where they brought us when we were little.

Her smile brightened at the memories of our childhood and faltered slightly at how close we were.

Az, was still looking around when she suddenly turned to me. "Do you remember when we were little, my dad would drop me off at your house and then later in the day your mom would take us to the park or something. And then we would come here and wait for our dads to come back from work." She asked excitedly, her hand animated her words as she reminisced about the past.

I smiled. "Yeah, remember when we were a little older we begged our parents to let us go on an adventure on our own and when they agreed we were so excited and felt like grown ups."

She smiled at the reminder and then chucked before telling another story. "Oh and when we went to school you left notes in my locker so that I wouldn't miss you."

The rest of the dinner continued on like that. We retold stories of when we were younger and shared fond memories.

***

(Azara's POV)

We sat in the Bronco, outside my house.
"Thank you, Bradly. I really enjoyed tonight."