Eighteen

(Azara's POV)

We had a day off after Bradly had stayed the night for the pilots to spend time with their family's before the mission.

My schedule for today went like this;

5:30 Am - Martial Art training with the team.

8:45 Am - coffee with Inferno.

And then I was free for the day.

I grabbed my stuff, got in my jeep and headed to base. When I got there Rooster parked his Bronco beside my car.

I waited for him to walk up beside me so that we could head in together. He smiled as he saw me and I gave him a quick hug.

"Good morning." He greeted, patting my back and hugging me back.

"Morning. You ready?" I asked with a smirk.

"Uum..to get my ass kicked by you? No." We both laughed as we started heading inside.

He wanted to go to the main entrance but I took his hand and dragged him with me to a side entrance. "This one's check in is faster." I explained as we reached the gate.

I smiled as I saw the tall, dark haired man that I've known for years. Not many people use the side entrance so they don't know about Al. And some people here can be mean.

"Good morning, Al. How are you today?" I asked politely, with the same excitement level of a teenager seeing her best friend.

Al smiled wide as he saw it was me. "Good morning, Miss Azara. I'm good thank you. How are you?" He asked, glancing at Bradly skeptically.

"I'm good thanks. Al, this is Bradly Bradshaw. Bradly this is Al." I introduced with a wide smile. Two of the most important people in my life were finally meeting.

Bradly greeted Al politely and then got checked in.

"Bye, Al. See you later." I waved as I walked with Bradly to the gym.

(Bradly's POV)

A small smile formed on my face as I saw how happy she is to see Al.
"How long have you known him?" I asked.

She looked at me and smiled. "Um ever since I was a little girl, I was about 6 years old when I came to base with my dad one day and he took the side entrance. And that's when I met Al. So I've known him for a long time."

We made our way to the gym and found the rest of the pilots waiting. Az got warmed up and started practice.

First was Fanboy, who did a great job. He's definitely improved since last time, and actually managed to get Azara to the ground.

Coyote did not do as great this time around and was scared of hurting Azara which she just rolled her eyes at.
(Apparently Coyote recently got a girlfriend and had new respect for women.)

Az took a break to catch her breath and then it was my turn.

We stood on the mat and got into position and started. I managed to land a few punched and kicks but still couldn't bring her down.

In the end she had me in a headlock and I had to tap out. She smirked and skook my hand. "Well done, Bradshaw."

Next was Phoenix. She had managed to bring her down and Az seemed happy with it.

Payback didn't do bad either. He didn't get her down but he did good.

And Lastly was Hangman. Az took another break before going up against him, preparing herself for the brute force.