Thirty one.

(Bradly's POV)

I took in a deep breath, trying to calm my racing heart. I sat in my Bronco outside Maverick's house, trying to pull myself together.

It had been 3 months since me and Azara made up that day on the beach and we had started to get close again, even closer than before.

And after a lot of planning of what I was going to say, I was finally in front of Maverick's house. About to ask him permission to marry his daughter.

Azara was currently at Aleena's house. After Inferno's death, Az had tried to stay in touch and be there for Aleena as much as she could. They were both doing much better, but the subject was still sensitive for obvious reasons.

It was actually nice that Az was at Aleena's so that she wouldn't get suspicious of my whereabouts.

I blew out a breath and raked a hand through my hair. "C'mon Bradly. It'll be fine." I told myself before getting out of my car and walking up to Mav's front door.

I rapped my knuckles twice against the hard wood. It was silent for a moment before I heard shuffling and a moment later Mav opened the door with a smile on his face. "Hey, Bradly. Come on in." He said stepping aside.

He let me inside and closed the door behind him before turning to me. "How are you?" I asked.

"I'm good and you?" He seemingly noticed my odd demeanor and raised a quizzical brow.

"I'm good. Um..listen Mav, I actually wanted to talk to you about something." I fidgeted nervously with my hands. Rubbing my sweaty palms on my pants.

Mav's expression turned serious. "Yeah what is it?" He asked as we entered the living room and sat down on the soft leather couch.

I took another deep breath. "I wanted to ask for your blessing to marry Azara." I blurted out. Holding my breath for his reaction.

Maverick stared at me, not saying anything but he didn't look surprised either. His emotionless stare was unnerving.

"Pete, I can't even explain how much I love her. I can't live without her. She is the most extraordinary person I've ever met and she is the best thing that's happened to me. And I can't-" I rambled, using his name to show I was serious.

"I can't imagine my life without her, she's my everything." I took a moment to breathe and looked up at Mav to see his reaction.

He had a glint in his eye that looked like he was amused at my rambling. The side of his mouth was tilted ever so slightly in a smile. "So, you want to propose to Azara." Mav confirmed.

I nodded. "Yes sir."

"You'll never leave her? She has a lot of baggage. If you commit you have to commit a hundred percent. If you mess up, know I will always choose my daughter first. Always." Maverick clarified. His eyes were slightly misty.

I nodded again. "Yes sir. I won't ever leave her again. And I know she has a lot of baggage but I will help her carry it and work through it. And I understand completely that you would choose her, you two have been through a lot together. But I won't mess up. I promise." I stated, meaning every word that I said.

Mav closed his eyes for a moment, taking a deep breath. He was giving away the key to the full access to his daughter's heart after all. And that wasn't an easy decision to make.

Mav stood up and I did too. He looked me in the eye. "You're a good man, Bradly. You're good for her and I can see that you love her and I trust you. So.." He took another deep breath. And then he broke into a grin.

"I give you my blessing to marry Azara." He said, opening his arms for a hug. Which I accepted.

"Thank you, Mav." I whispered, patting his back.

He smiled at me. "Now show me that ring." He playfully punched my shoulder.

I grinned at him. And we sat down and I showed him the ring, so grateful for this man in my life. I wouldn't be where I am today without him. And I am eternally grateful for that.

A/n: I'm so sorry I haven't posted in a while but you know life got in the way. And also sorry, this chapter is quite short, but I felt that it was important to have it on its own so yeah...hope you guys enjoyed. Have a wonderful day/night. Love you all!

~Mike❤️