Twenty.

(Azara's POV)

I walk up to the side gate, fumbling with my papers in my hands.

I hadn't talked to Rooster since I had stormed out of his house yesterday.

I probably overreacted, but that's just how I dealt with it. I'm not good at handling my emotions. They've dragged me down in the past and I won't let them do it again.

I smiled as I reached Al. "Good morning, Miss Azara. How are you today.?" He asked cheerfully.

"Good morning Al. I'm good thanks. How are you?" I asked, giving him a weak smile.

"I'm good thank you. Where's that fella of yours? Bradly, was it?"

I signed. "He's not here yet."

Al raised a brow. He knew me too well, ever since I was a little girl. "What is it Miss?"

"It's nothing. Just an insecurity on my part." I responded.

"Well if he did anything to hurt you Miss, just give me a call. I'll be sure to sort him out." Al said with a wink.

I gave him a genuine smile and a small laugh. "Will do. Bye Al."

"Bye Miss, enjoy your day."

I smiled. Already feeling my mood get better. Al always knew how to cheer me up.

I put my papers in my office and headed to the training room.

I sat down in one of the chairs as I waited for everyone. The first to arrive was my dad.

I smiled as he approached. "Morning dad." He gave me a hug. And I squeezed him back tightly.

***

After all the pilots arrived I took my place behind the podium. There were whispers of Hangman's absence. But I only smirked.

"Good morning aviators." I began, my voice echoing through the large room. My icy composure radiating with authority.

I could feel Rooster staring at me from the front row, but I didn't meet his eye.

"You're probably wondering why Luitenant-Commander Seresin is absent today. He was removed from this mission yesterday after his stunt in the gym during our martial arts class." The pilot weren't surprised at the revelation and continued listening intently.

"As you all know, the mission is 3 days away. I believe you are all physically ready for it. So training is finished. We will allow you these last few days off to prepare yourself's mentally. You are dismissed."

I stepped down from the podium and started making my way to the door when I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Hey, can we talk?"

I turned around to see Rooster. "Rooster please, I don't have time for this." I tried to protest but he wouldn't back down.

"Please Azara. Just give me a chance to explain." He pleaded.

I sighed in defeat and nodded. "Ok, but we can't talk here. Meet me on the beach at the Hard Deck in 30 minutes."

He nodded and gave me a small smile before walking away.

I dropped my things off at home and changed into something more comfortable, before heading to the beach.

I smiled as I got out of my jeep and felt the soft sand beneath my feet and smelt the ocean breeze.

The beach had always had that effect on me. It was always able to calm me no matter the circumstance.

"Still have a thing for the beach?" Asked a voice from behind me.

Rooster walked up beside me, staring straight ahead. He had his Hawaiian shirt and jean shorts on.