Fourteen.

(Azara's POV)

My dad and Penny were on a date night tonight, so I was helping out at the bar.

"Here you go, Sir." I smiled at the man I was serving, placing his beer in front of him.

He smiled and thanked me. I then cleaned the bar and leaned against it, my back facing the door.

I heard the little bell above the door ring, indicating that someone has walked in. I didn't turn around, I just scrolled through my phone.

"Heya, bartender." Someone called from behind me. I turned around. "Yeah, what can I get ya?" I smiled as I saw who it was.

Rooster sat there with a smug smile on his face. "Just a chat with the pretty bartender."

I raised a brow at him. "Oh really? The bartender's pretty?" I replied leaning closer to him.

"Yeah, she's superrr stubborn tho." He teased, stretching out the 'r' in super.

I leaned in even closer, our faces centimeters apart. My face was serious as I whispered the next words. "Well, Mr Bradshaw, I'll be sure to tell her that. Thanks for the visit, but the pretty bartender is gonna have to cut it short."

He raised a confused brow until his eyes widened as I stepped back and rang the bell. Everyone in the bar cheered in excitement.

"What did I do!?" Rooster exclaimed. I pointed to the board that said 'disrespect a lady, the navy or put your phone on the bar. You have to buy a round or be thrown overboard.'

Rooster glanced down at his phone, that was in fact lying on the bar.

He sighed as two guys grabbed each of his arms and waited for my decision.

I smiled cheekily at him and waved goodbye. "See ya around, Roost!" I called as the two guys threw him outside onto the sand

***

I was just closing the Hard Deck up when There was a message from the team group chat.

***
Hangman: {I'm having a party at my place. You're all invited. Be there at 6:30.}

Phoenix: {👍🏻 I'm in.}
Bob: {me too.}
Coyote: {👍🏾}
Payback: {👍🏽}
Fanboy: {👍🏽}
Inferno: {👍🏾}
Rooster: {👍🏻}

{👍🏻} :Hellfire

Maverick: {Sorry I won't be able to make it. I have a date night with Penny tonight.🙃}
Hangman: {Your loss, old man.}

{Have fun dad.❤️} :Hellfire

Maverick: {Thanks honey, I will.❤️}
Coyote: {Eeww! Stop being soppy on the group chat!}

{Shut up, Coyote!!} :Hellfire

Rooster: {😂🤣.}

***
I climbed onto my bike and rode off towards Hangman's house. I didn't really want to go but Bradly was gonna be there so it wouldn't be so bad.

I had on a pair of black jeans a white blouse and my leather jacket with all my patches on and some black boots.

It took me a while to get there since I've never been there before, but once I had arrived I made my way to the door and knocked on the door.

It was a cute house. Two stories tall, cream exterior, a black roof and a bright red door.

Coyote opened it and smiled at me.

Thank goodness! I really didn't want to talk to Hangman right now.

"Hey, Hellfire. Come on in!" Coyote greeted, stepping aside so that I could enter.

The inside of the house was nice too. It had hardwood floors and cream walls and ceiling. The front door led into a hallway which led into an open plan kitchen that flowed into the living and dining room.
At the front door there were stairs that probably led to the bedrooms.

I walked down the hallway to the living room and found Phoenix, Bob and Rooster standing there and chatting.

I smiled as I greeted them all.

The rest of the night went smoothly. Everyone else arrived, Inferno brought his wife, Aleena along.

I was chatting with her when she went to the restroom and Hangman took her seat across from me.

"What ya up to, darlin'?" He asked, clearly a bit drunk.

I smirked as I spotted Rooster glaring at Hangman from the living room.

"Nothing much, just chillin. What about you?" I asked, playing along.

"I just wanted to say hi to the pretty ladyyy. That's you by the way." He stumbled over his words.

I rolled my eyes and stood up, walking towards Rooster. I nudged him with my shoulder. "Is someone jealous?" I questioned softly so that no one else could hear.

"N-no, ppphhff. Why would I be jealous?" He shifted awkwardly and I smiled.

(Rooster's POV)

I watched Hangman sit across from Azara and I felt my breath hitch in my throat.
He was so loud I could hear him from here.

I felt a twinge of jealousy as I watched them interact. She had a mischievous smirk on her face as she talked to the drunk pilot. 

I don't know what I tried to do at the bar earlier today. Was it flirting? Was it teasing? I don't even know why I did it, I just wanted to see her.

Her beautiful, bright smile, her sparkling green eyes and her laugh.

I probably sound like I'm hopelessly in love.

But that's the thing, I am hopelessly in love with Azara and I don't know what to do about it.

I glared holes into the back of Hangman's head. But my face softened as Azara made her way over to me.

She playfully nudged my shoulder and smiled. "Is someone jealous?" She asked.

I inhaled sharply. I wanted to say yes and that I love her and want her back and to scoop her up into my arms and hold her close.

But unfortunately that is just a fantasy, because that won't happen. She needs time and space to heal from the mistakes I made and the emotional scars and bruises I left by walking away when she needed me most.

She wasn't just going to run into my arms and say she missed me. She needs time to sort things out and I respect that.

That day I patched her up after the first accident with Hangman. When we almost kissed. Ever since then I've just wanted to kiss her and tell her how I feel.

Unfortunately I can't do that. I'll just have to wait. I'm just scared that if we wait too long then we won't have the chance to fix everything.