36- Saving the night

Red flew to the magic tunnel, a large group of rainwings followed him. Red knew that this would be dangerous but he had to ensure as many dragons lived as possible. Red led them down the tunnel, they turned invisible. Soon, they were at the volcano entrance, the two guards were quickly knocked out and dragged away.

Red then said, "Split up, but be careful, if anyone tries to hurt you don't be afraid to shoot venom at them." They quickly did that, Red went off with two rainwings, one named Pomegranate and one named Raspberry. The three of them quickly made their way to the palace, many unconscious nightwings being carried off. Red was the first in the palace, they were ment to get the princess, Magnificent, out alive.

The castle was quickly emptied and soon enough as Red was about to turn a corner Magnificent ran straight into him. Magnificent looked up at Red with terror and fainted, "What was that about?" Red asked, Raspberry then said, "Maybe she heard what you did a few days ago?" Red shrugged and said, "Ok, you two can take her to Glory, I'll continue searching." Red was about to begin searching when suddenly Morrowseer was flying at Raspberry and Pomegranate with anger. Red quickly realized he planned to try and kill them but keep Magnificent alive, but he was stupid and didn't know that he wouldn't have the time.

Red quickly shot a dart at Morrowseer, he quickly slowed down and started slowly falling barely awake. Red noticed that if this continued then Morrowseer would fall directly into the lava. Red quickly spread his wings and slammed into Morrowseer as he slowly fell, the momentum caused Red to fall and roll. Red tried getting up but the unconscious Morrowseer was holding him close with one talon.

Red sighed in annoyance and noticed that the wounds on Morrowseer were still fresh, his sight and thinking must be blurred still. Red hoped someone would find him and help him carry Morrowseer back to the rainforest.

(About a hour later)

Red was completely stuck, Morrowseer was holding him close while snoring, it was slightly annoying but at least it was comfortable so he didn't have to stay here while being uncomfortable. Soon Red heard the familiar voices of Raspberry and Pomegranate, "Red, are you here?" Pomegranate yelled, Red quickly replied, "Yeah but I'm stuck!" They both quickly found Red and tried to get him out, as they pulled Red's arms More lesser growled in his sleep tightening his grasp and lashing his tail around.

Raspberry then said, "Looks like the sleep darts won't even free you, maybe a paralysis dart!" Raspberry quickly pulled out a strange looking dart and stabbed it into  Morrowseer's talon. As Morrowseer's grip released Red slipped out and said, "Ok, now go find anyone to help take him back home and bring extra paralysis darts, just in case."