Your Own Mess

While Stiles is in the shower, her phone suddenly starts to vibrate. She left it on the bed, so, even if the water wasn’t running, she wouldn’t be able to hear it vibrating.

The wolf lies on the end of her bed. He doesn’t bother to even lift his head, lets it keep vibrating until it stops. Only, when it does stop, after mere seconds, it starts up once again.

The wolf lets out a low annoyed grumble, but otherwise, he simply keeps ignoring the buzzing sensations under his chin. Finally, when it stops, this time, there’s about half a minute of silence before it vibrates again. Though, in short bursts. A text–clearly.

And then, another...

And another...

And another...

The wolf finally lifts his head up, glaring over at the phone’s flashing screen. Though, his breath catches when one word catches his attention...

Laura.

The wolf thinks there could be no way...only, there could be every way, because this is Beacon Hills, and his family make it their business to know all the beings that live here (supernatural, or just natural.)

The wolf crawls up her bed to where her phone is laid across one of her pillows. It’s unlocked, too. Obviously, whether she trusts him or not, she still thinks he’s just a wolf.

That makes what he’s about to do even more shitty, he knows. But he can’t help himself...doesn’t really want to if there’s fucking trouble on its way (trouble that he’s led right to Stiles...)

He looks at the last text sent, it still showing on the top half of the screen. It’s from Scott...

Look, I’m not sure what kind of shit Derek has gotten himself into, but Laura knows he was at the surgery with us! She smelled his blood! Just call me!!

The wol–Derek’s green eyes widen. His heart stutters and before he even registers what he’s doing, he’s already shifted back to his human form and grabbing up Stiles’ phone. His heart skips, but then, he’s forcing his pulse to calm so it doesn’t deafen him when he should be listening out for Stiles.

Derek takes a deep breath, panic winning over guilt as he opens her messages from Scott.

Dude! Answer the fucking phone!!!
&
Stiles, seriously! Laura Hale came to me last night! I only didn’t ring you then cos I was making sure I wasn’t being listened in on! She’s looking Derek Hale, her brother...the WOLF you ran over and TOOK HOME!!! Jesus fucking Christ, Stiles! But it’s fine, I didn’t mention the wolf, or you, and I bought us some time, FOR NOW! But Laura is not stupid. And I know they’re all heroes and saviours of the supernatural people and whatever, but NONE of the Hale Family are to be fucked with!

Meanwhile, as Stiles is rinsing out the last remains of conditioner from her hair, she’s stupidly blushing over deciding on whether or not to walk out of her bathroom naked like she usually does...

And back in her bedroom, Derek’s heart races and he freezes when he hears the water to the shower being turned off.

Stiles giggles at the silly nerves and ridiculous thoughts. But in the end, she decides to grab her towel.

Derek almost loses track of what he’s even doing when he hears her softly giggling to herself. The faint smile tugging at his lips freezes and his eyes widen when she calls out to him...

“You still sleeping in there Maxie?”

Derek’s heart skips at the affection taunt in her tone.

Stiles chuckles to herself as she dries off her hair first. “At least you don’t snore.”