𝐁𝟐𝟏

╔═*.·:·.✧ .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·. ✧.·:·.*═╗
𝐁𝐎𝐓𝐇
╚═*.·:·.✧ .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·. ✧.·:·.*═╝

(Y/N)~your name
P. O. V~point of view

Levi's P. O. V

Her words hit me like a thunderbolt, shattering the tiny fragment of hope I held onto deep within. The mention of our children being gone weighed heavier than anything else I'd felt in years.

"We don't have children," she whispered, her voice trembling with a mixture of pain and desperation.

I froze, the revelation striking me like a sharp blow to the chest. My heart sank as the reality of her words sank in. 

The hope that had sparked at the mention of our children was now soaked by the cold, harsh truth.

"No... No, (Y/N), please..." I pleaded, my voice trembling with disbelief and grief. "Tell me that's not true. Please, tell me they're alive..."

My mind raced, trying to process the weight of her words. The thought that our children might not have survived, that I might have lost a part of us I had never known, filled me with a sense of deep sadness and disappointment at myself.

I reached out to her again, wanting to hold her close, to find comfort in her side, but she stepped back as if my touch burned her.

"I can't," she muttered, her eyes avoiding mine, hiding a pain too deep to understand. "They didn't survive..."

Her words felt like a cruel twist of fate, a punishment for my past mistakes. The revelation was like a dagger to my heart, piercing through layers of regret and unspoken remorse.

"I'm sorry..." I managed to whisper, the weight of my guilt and sorrow too heavy to bear. 

"I'm so sorry, (Y/N). I didn't know..."

The tears that I had held back came rushing out again, streaming down my face. The realization that I might have lost a chance at a life with our children, a chance I didn't even be grateful of before, existed, was an unbearable weight upon my shoulders.

"I should have been there," I murmured, my voice choked with anguish. "I should have known..."

The truth was a bitter pill to swallow, a reality that echoed my failure to protect what could have been ours.

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

His tears tore at my heart, but I had to remain strong. I had buried this truth for years, shielded myself from the pain and the memories, and now it was resurfacing in the most unexpected and painful way.

Seeing Levi break down, witnessing the agony etched into his features, was like reliving a nightmare I thought I had left behind. 

The pain in his eyes mirrored my own, the despair and regret swirling between us like a turbulent storm.

I can't tell him the truth. I just can't.

I may be selfish for this, but I don't want my children away from me.

"I have to go..." I said softly, my voice wavering with emotions I struggled to contain. I turned away, my steps heavy with the weight of the truth I had concealed for so long.

As I walked away, leaving Levi behind in a chaos of emotions, I carried with me the burden of a secret that weighed heavier than anything else in my life...

The existence of our children, hidden away from a past that threatened to consume us all.