C.25

Fatima's eyes welled with tears as she stepped down from the horse-drawn carriage. Her words were caught in her throat, and she could barely breathe as she took in the scenery around her. She couldn't believe her eyes. The sun was beginning to set, and the sky was illuminating the most beautiful mixture of blues, oranges and purples. The golden carriage parked her right at the steps of the world-Famous Sleeping Beauty's castle in Disneyland Paris. The forty-foot aisle was a rich red carpet lined with 6-foot pillars made of floating candles surrounded by white candles of different heights. The flames danced fiercely in the night sky making Fatima appear to have a golden glow about her. Fatima couldn't move. Her heart thudded in her chest. She was doing her very best not to ruin her makeup for the third time that evening. Every time Fatima tried taking a step closer to Zac, her heart thudded harder and harder with each beat. She decided to stop moving so she could catch her breath. She was truly taken aback by the job Zac had done. The only thing she asked of him was to not go too far and he truly didn't. Yes, some might say that a horse-drawn carriage and red carpet in front of a castle at Disney Land was the definition of too much. Some might even say that the string quartet brilliantly playing 'Once Upon a dream' was extra. But somehow even in the grandiose of it all, Zac managed to still give her the feeling of a small initiate ceremony. Almost as though they knew she'd need a hand down the aisle, Amaya and Zane appeared at her sides and ushered her forward. When she began moving again, Zane gave his father a thumbs up at the other end of the carpet. Six chairs lined each side of the aisle and the occupants stood in awe of the beauty that was Fatima.

Zac was stunned. When the idea to get remarried at Disneyland came into his mind, he never pictured it would look the way it did. Ever since they'd began making Disney their yearly family tradition, it has become some of his favorite memories with his family. He wanted a way to keep it in their lives long after Zane became too old to still get excited at the thought. Never in his widest dreams would he have imagined giving Fatima a real-life fairy tale.

Zac stood tall in his custom-made Dolce & Gabbana tuxedo. It was skillfully designed to look like a modern version of the attire of a Prince. Zane's tuxedo was a miniature version of Zac's with fewer details. There was no denying how much Zane embodied his father. Even the way the young boy stood was his father. Amaya's dress was the perfect introduction to pre- womanhood. It was just dainty enough to still give off innocence while the off the shoulder accent was definitely a 'big girl' moment. Her hair was straightened from her normal 4c texture, and her shoulder-length bob sported soft beach waves. While everyone looked stunning, no one in the privately reserved area of the park could deny that Fatima looked as though she just stepped off the Miss Universe stage. Her white silk gown was as big as Cinderella's but with a split all the way up her leg. The rest of the dress fit her so perfectly that it looked like it was hand-stitched perfectly to her body this morning. Fatima made it to Zac who was standing tall as the proudest man alive and no longer cared about ruining her makeup.

Zane was proud of himself for seeing his mother down the aisle. "Daddy, I got her before she could run!" Zane chirped excitedly. The audience broke out in laughter, but Fatima narrowed her eyes at the man standing in front of him looking embarrassed. "He misunderstood." Zac said laughing uncomfortably as he tried to get out of the hole Zane was digging for him.

"No I didn't! You said." Zane was about to snitch but Amaya covered his mouth with her hand before he could continue. She whispered into his ear "read the room." Zac called out to Amaya. "remind me to double your allowance." Zane looked confused for a second before he nodded. Everyone found the scene rather comical, saving Zac. The pastor that officiated Zac and Fatima's first wedding was also going to be officiating today's nuptials. He waited for the laughter to subside before beginning his speech.

"I hear my Favorite couple has prepared their own vows." Zac and Fatima smiled and answered in unison. "Yes."

Zac spoke up first. "Whew" he looked at Fatima. "you'd think for it to be our second time, I'd be less nervous." Everyone laughed. "I spent weeks writing the perfect vows. I practiced in the mirror daily and I was ready to come out here today and knock your socks off. But standing here, looking at you, looking at our family, the only thing that comes to my mind right now is I have never been that God is real, and I must be one of his favorites for him to believe I'm deserving of you ." Zac took a moment to compose himself effort continuing. "we sure did put those vows to the test. We went through rich, and poor. Fought like hell through sickness and health. The only thing left for us to do is forever."