Chapter 1: Hans

- Song:
Stereo Hearts - Gym Class Heroes, Adam Levine
~~~

Thinking today was going to be a better day. Turns out I'm getting married in 2 fucking weeks. I can't think straight on the ice and coach had scolded me twice this morning.

I shove my skates in my bag and frown. I am going to meet the woman I don't even fucking know until just a few weeks ago. I've seen her pictures. Such a shy girl who will get eaten up in the world of wolves.

"What happened to you at practice this morning, Westergaard?" My best friend, Li asks me. I shake my head, not taking my eyes off my bag as I zip it shut. "Just under the weather is all." He raises an eyebrow and nods, not pushing the topic. He knows when I'm pissed off I'll kick anyone's ass if they dare annoy the fuck out of me.

I scurry off to my car and throw my bag in the boot and sit in the driver's seat contemplating things over. I don't know a fucking about this girl and it's fucking annoying me. I scratch my head and groan.

My phone lights up and I see a picture of Megara, my younger sister who's calling me. I pick up and sigh. "What?" I asked annoyed. I hear her chuckle. She is probably smirking too. "What's got your panties in a twist, Mr grumpy?" I roll my eyes and tighten my hold on the phone. "Meg, I don't have time for this, why did you call?" She sighs. "Wanting to let you know that mom and dad are having the guests over this evening, they expect you to be here at 4 latest so you can get ready and meet your betrothed." My other hand tightens it's hold on the steering wheel, my face beginning to feel hot. "Thank you for the useless information, Meg. I'm done practice, I'll be home shortly." I cut the call, not wanting to hear my sister's shit.

I close my eyes and lean back against the headrest. "Fucking fuck shit." I mutter. I open my eyes and spot a girl with platinum blonde hair getting out of a car with her gym bag on one shoulder as she says bye to someone. I squint and then my eyes widen in realization as I know the girl. Elsa fucking Oldenburg. My betrothed.

It's only 2pm which means I got 2 hours to head home and get ready for her later. I can't believe I'm getting into an arranged marriage with her. My mom told me she is a figure skater so it makes sense as to why she is here at the rink. Dad told me once I get married I have a choice to become the CEO of Westergaard Tech or I can carry on being the Captain for Southern Isles Kings. I know my parents would love for me to be part of the family business especially since I'm the oldest out of the 5 of us.

My grandfather would also want me to carry on the legacy, but I'm not sure if I can. I know Eugene would be delighted to take it from me. To sit upon the throne, but unlike me, I don't feel like putting too much pressure on myself, already hockey is chaotic enough, I don't need the pressure of being CEO there too. I start the car and drive home.

❄❄❄❄

"Ready to meet your mate?" I look up from rearranging my clothes and spot Eugene leaning against my door. I roll my eyes and look back at the mirror. "We don't call it a mate, we call it a betrothed, dumbass." He chuckles and sits on my bed. "She's pretty." He says as he snatches a picture of Elsa from my nightstand.

I walked over to him and grabbed it from his hand. "Fuck off." I was looking at her picture earlier, trying to figure out if I can read her, but I couldn't. I'll probably be able to later in the evening. I check my hair one more time and walk out the room only to see Meg and Carmen chatting in the corner of the hallway.

They spot me and their eyes widen. "What are you two gossiping about?" I ask. They smirk. "Nothing, just thinking of ways we can get our future sister-in-law to annoy your ass when we can't." Meg says with a devious glint in her blue orbs. I grab their hands and walk down to see my parents talking to a couple. I stop and stare.

That's when I spot her with her sister walking into the mansion. I let go off my sisters' hands and walk down the stairs. My parents look up and smile as I approach them. "Agnarr, Iduna, you guys remember Hans." I put my hand out for them to shake.

"Great to see you Mr and Mrs Oldenburg." They laugh softly. "Don't call us Mr and Mrs Oldenburg, call us Agnarr and Iduna, you will be marrying our daughter after all." I tense up and chuckle nervously. I see at the corner of my eye their eldest daughter aka my soon to be wife shifting uncomfortably.

"And you've met my daughters, Megara and Carmen." Mom says as she smiles at my sisters. They greet Agnarr and Iduna and then look at me. Megara has that devilish smirk again. Knowing her she's got some fucked up idea in her head. "Hi Elsa, I'm Megara, but my friends and family call me Meg. I'm Hans's younger sister." She rambles on. Elsa chuckles nervously and hugs Meg. My heart slowly melting at the sight.

I look at Elsa's younger sister who is chatting away with Carmen next to Meg and Elsa. "Why don't we give Hans and Elsa some time to talk, kids?" Dad says with a smile on his face. He links arms with my mother as they walk along with Agnarr and Iduna. Megara, Carmen and Anna walk away leaving me with Elsa.

I approach her cautiously and smile when I seeElsa's cheeks redden. "I'm Hans. The one and only." I say as I placemy hand out for her to shake. She looks up at me and I instantly get lost inher ocean blue eyes. She looks so much prettier than in her photos. "I'mElsa." I nod and smile a little more.