ACT 2: SCENE 10

As the music score 'Clara and the Prince' plays, the gang exit Marzipan Palace. Clara, Marie, and Walter stand before the crowd of Candyland's worried citizens.

Clara: [Says loudly] "As all of you know, my sister and I are the twin princesses of Candyland and Nutcracker is the prince of Toyland. We have seen everything Barnaby and the Rat King have done to both kingdoms. And as long as we are here, they will pay and pay dearly!"

Marie: [Holds her sister's hand] "I don't care how many rats or tricks they have up their sleeves, I'm going to fight. And I've been known to throw a mean punch." [Makes a fist and punches her hand]

Amidst the cheers from Candyland's citizens, Walter steps forward.

Walter/Nutcracker: "I have no memory of what happened after I was turned into this." [Gestures to himself] "If anyone knows where Barnaby hid the wooden soldiers, please tell me."

Rodger Rabbit/Candyland's Guard: "After you and the princesses disappeared, the soldiers went into hibernation and Barnaby had the Rat King's hench-rats carry them all to The Dark Wood."

Rodger points a trembling finger in the direction of The Dark Wood. The scene quickly focuses on a dark forest with pitch-black trees and creepy howls as eerie yellow eyes stare at the audience before returning to Clara and the ensemble.

Rodger Rabbit/Candyland's Guard: "As to the whereabouts of the magic horn that summons them." [Scratches his head before shaking it while shrugging] "I haven't got a clue."

Goofy/Candyland's Captain of the Guard: "I do, it's." [Pauses as he thinks hard] "Uhhh, give me a minute."

Goofy holds up a finger, then steps aside before muttering incoherently.

Pete: [Hesitantly] "So what's the plan?"

Chip: [From Fozzie's right shoulder] "Like they just said. We fight the rats and Barnaby and take back our kingdom!"

Pete: [Annoyed and with wrists on hips] "And how are we supposed to do that when we haven't even been able to keep our houses in one piece since those varments showed up?"

Dale: [From Fozzie's left shoulder] "Say, Chip, do we resent that?"

Robbin/Toy Jack-in-the-Box: "Am I the only one who feels like this whole scene is ringing a bell?"

Goofy/Candyland's Captain of the Guard: [Exclaimes with a forehead smack] "That's it!" [Rushes back to the group] "The Rat King hid the magic horn inside The Great Bell!" [Does his signature laugh then says to Clara and Marie] "That's also where the sugar plum fairies hid the Crown of Candyland, Your Highnesses."

Many of the ensemble groan.

Clara: [Confused] "How is that a bad thing? And what about the Crown of Candyland?"

Mickey Mouse: "Well, ya see. The Great Bell is in the Dark Wood."

Minnie Mouse: "And whoever wears the Crown of Candyland will receive the power to save both Candyland and Toyland."

Clara: "Perfect. One stop shopping."

 Marie: "I think that's classified as a milk run."

Daisy Duck: [To the sisters] "Also, only the king or queen can place it on your head. And it has to be done in Marzipan Palace."

Donald Duck: "Furthermore, the Dark Wood is home to many trolls just waiting to eat anything who steps into their lair."

The citizens of Candyland, Toyland, and many in Clara's group all shudder.