four

once they got back to the house, olivia was the last to get out of the car, but she quickly went inside. most of the boys went into the living room to watch some tv, while olivia went up to her room and shut the door behind her.

isaac noticed that she didn't really talk in the car and didn't stick around for too long before going upstairs. but once he started watching football with his brother and cousins, he didn't worry about it.

once olivia was in her room, she put her bag down and popped in her airpods. she clicked shuffle on her playlist, and "enchanted" by taylor swift was the first song to play.

she grabbed her journel and pens and spent about twenty minutes just writing about her day and what happened.

*

olivia heard the sound of horses come from the front of the house and she looked out her window. katherine was walking by on one of the horses. she quickly put her things away and walked downstairs with her phone in hand.

"hey, where you going?" lee asked as he and isaac were walking to the kitchen. "out to see the horses," she smiled as she put her shoes on.

"hey katherine," olivia greeted as she walked outside towards the barn. "hey olivia, how was your day?" katherine asked, hopping off the horse. "pretty good, I made some new friends. I think jackie is out with them right now," olivia said. "yeah, she called me and said she'd be back in a bit," katherine replied, watching olivia walk up to the horse.

"you ride?" katherine asked. "yeah, i do. i've been doing lessons for a couple of years," olivia replied. she let the horse smell her hand before gently touching him.

"this one's murphy," katherine smiled. "well, hi murphy! you're beautiful," olivia exclaimed with a smile. "if you ever want to go for a ride, you can always let me or one of the boys know. anyone would love to take you," katherine offered as she led murphy back to his stall.

"thanks, katherine," olivia smiled gratefully. "of course. i'm going to head back to the house. are you coming?" katherine asked. "no, i'm going to stay out here for a bit," olivia replied, her smile growing as she looked back at the horse.

katherine nodded and headed back to the house. olivia really liked it out there, with the horses and the views and the people were so nice and friendly.

a couple minutes went by when she heard someone walking towards the barn. "hey liv," she turned around to see isaac walk up beside her. "hey isaac," she smiled. "you like murphy?" he asked, leaning against the stall. "yeah, he's a beaut," she smiled, still petting him. "yeah, i'm not really into horses, but if i had to choose, murphy would be my favorite. have you seen custard?" isaac asked, and olivia shook her head.

a blue little car pulled in front of the house, and jackie walked out. she saw olivia in the barn, so she was going to go talk to her. but when she noticed isaac, she didn't want to ruin their little moment, so she went inside.

olivia followed isaac out to see custard. "cole loves custard, he's his favourite," isaac said as he jumped up and sat on the fence. "hm yeah, he's beautiful too. I like him a lot too," olivia said, putting her hand out for him to smell.

isaac watched as she pet the horse, he couldn't help but watch her. something about her was just so perfect, he couldn't even describe it.

"so how was your first day?" isaac asked. "pretty good, I met some new people, and my teachers are okay," she said.

the two of them walked away from the horses and sat on the porch. they spent some more time talking before going inside. they saw nathan setting the table, and george yelled, "food!"