twenty-four

in the midst of all the wedding preparations, isaac barely got to see olivia during the first few days of planning. but one day, as he walked outside, he spotted olivia standing there, looking over things on a ipad. "hey liv, i feel like i haven't seen you in forever," isaac said, making his way over to her.

olivia smiled, putting the ipad down and wrapping her arms around his neck. "i know, i'm sorry. jackie wanted to get the big things done first, which took up most of my time. but soon, i'll be all yours," she reassured him. isaac couldn't help but smile, wrapping both arms around her waist and giving her a sweet kiss. "i can't wait," he replied.

olivia then said, "i have to go help jackie, but when i'm not busy i'll come find you." "alright," isaac said, smiling and giving her one last kiss before watching her walk away.

olivia walked around the house, searching for jackie. she found her sister talking to cole and decided to wait until cole left before approaching her. "what's going on between you guys?" olivia asked, curious about the conversation.

jackie hesitated for a moment before responding, "uhm, nothing, i think. a lot has been happening lately, but i'm with alex, so that's who i have to focus on." olivia noticed that jackie didn't seem entirely happy when talking about alex.

changing the subject, jackie suggested taking a walk, and olivia agreed. they strolled together and eventually came across will standing on the deck, gazing out at the yurts and venue.

jackie checked the time on her watch and asked will, "shouldn't you be getting ready?" will, however, had a different question for them. "jackie, olivia, when you first got here, what did you think of it?" he inquired.

jackie was quick to respond, saying, "oh, well, that's easy—all that sky." olivia chimed in, "honestly, this place is like nowhere on earth. it's special and beautiful. and i think you could see that right away." curious about will's question, jackie asked, "why?"

will looked at both of them with a smile but remained silent, leaving them intrigued.

later in the day when olivia found herself with nothing to do, she joined nathan, lee, and isaac in the kitchen. olivia and nathan were both on their phones, lee was occupied with a rubik's cube, and isaac sat there, occasionally glancing up to smile at olivia.

"okay, great. you're all here," jackie walked in, ending a call. "not for long," isaac tried to walk away but was pulled back by nathan. "hey, what are you doing? you don't get a pass. we're all roped into this thing," nathan said as isaac sat back down. olivia shifted her focus from isaac to her sister, waiting to hear what she had to say.

"okay, so nathan, do you have the music and everything all set up?" jackie asked. "i got you," nathan smiled, waving his phone in the air before walking away and giving isaac the death stare. "alex, you're in charge of the meet and greet. show everyone where to go when they get here and give them their program. you should take those outside so they're ready when people arrive. oh, and jim from the print shop is dropping off another box in about an hour," she said as alex grabbed the box.

"lee, can you put the covers on the chairs?" "covers?" he asked, sounding confused. "yes, they go on the back of the chairs," she explained. "why?" he asked. "because they look nice. they're outside with the tablecloths. isaac-" she started. "don't tell me. i'm doing tablecloths, right?" isaac interrupted, and jackie nodded. "wait, what do i do?" olivia asked. "uh, you can help isaac, just don't get distracted," jackie said. "okay, no promises," olivia replied with a laugh as all three of them walked outside.

"i don't get it. why would anyone want to cover a chair?" lee asked, still confused. "they just look nice," olivia laughed.

olivia and isaac stumbled upon bins of fresh white tablecloths outside, right next to the chair covers. they grabbed a bin each and began laying out the tablecloths on the tables. but, as expected, they couldn't resist getting a little playful and started fooling around with the clothes.

just then, jackie walked outside and joined lee, both of them watching the couple run around and have fun with the tablecloths. "I knew they'd get distracted. i probably shouldn't have assigned them the same task," jackie said with a chuckle.

lee nodded in agreement as he continued putting on the chair covers. "yeah, but let's be honest, would they get any work done if they weren't together? they'd just find each other and start bugging one another," he replied with a smile.

"i guess you're right," jackie said, realizing the truth in lee's words. "oh, I gotta go," jackie said as she saw kiley with some food.

after lee, olivia, and isaac had completed their challenging tasks, they decided to take a break and head inside to make some sandwiches. as they were preparing the sandwiches, jackie spotted them again and approached with a curious question. "hey guys, are you busy?" she asked.

both lee and olivia replied simultaneously, "no." however, isaac attempted to lie and said, "yes." but as soon as he caught olivia's disapproving gaze, he quickly changed his answer. "no."

"can you do me a favor? I really need these cupcakes frosted," jackie said. "come on jackie. looking good takes time and I need to get ready," isaac said. "I second that, I need lots of time," olivia said.

"it's for will, please," jackie said. "guys come on," lee said. "fine okay," isaac scoffed and the three of them walked to the cupcakes.

"you're supposed to put frosting first and the sprinkle," lee said trying to get his brother to help. "watch this," isaac laughed as he threw sprinkles at lee. "you think that's funny, huh?" lee asked. isaac laughed, "yeah." "that's crazy," lee said throwing sprinkles and the brothers started fighting.

"guys stop! we don't have time for this!" jackie said as the three turned around and their eyes widened. "jackie" lee said pointing to albert who had wrecked the bouquet. "oh shit," olivia sighed.