thirteen

olivia walked towards her room as alex walked out. alex half smiled at her but didn't say anything. jackie probably wanted time alone.

it was lucy's birthday, she would of been nineteen.

hey, i like your outfit," olivia said, noticing that jackie seemed sad. "thanks, i like yours too, a lot," jackie smiled at olivia. olivia was wearing her black jeans, blue long sleeve fitted top, and her white converse.

"you know what day it is?" olivia asked, looking at jackie. "yup," she said. "in three years, i'm going to surpass her in age. i'll be older than she ever was," olivia said quietly. "i know, i just..." jackie stopped as tears formed in her eyes. "it'll be okay," olivia tried to help her sister. "yeah," jackie said. olivia looked around and noticed lucy's teapot.

olivia was later sitting downstairs next to isaac as she ate breakfast. jackie came downstairs and started to get her tea ready when parker accidentally knocked the teapot into the sink, causing it to break.

olivia looked at jackie and her heart broke. olivia knew how much the teapots meant to jackie. "i'm so sorry," katherine said. "it's okay," jackie said, leaning against the countertop. everyone turned to look at her, but she only looked at olivia.

"okay, everybody, we need to be outside in 15 minutes, so let's go," katherine said, rushing everyone outside. "sweetie, i feel terrible," katherine said. olivia went to stand next to her sister, and jackie looked at katherine. "it's fine," jackie's voice broke before rushing past olivia and going upstairs.

olivia walked over to the sink and stared at the broken pieces. "you okay?" isaac asked, following her. "mhm, yup," she nodded and gave him a smile. cole walked over to olivia and katherine, "i got it," he said. "thank you, honey. i'm just gonna go check on her," katherine said rushing upstairs. olivia knew if she went upstairs it would just end in them both crying so she took one last glance at the broken glass before pulling herself together and walking outside with isaac beside her. she knew today was gonna be hard.

*

isaac leaned against a locker, watching olivia gather her books for their next class. "hey, are you okay? you seem really quiet," he asked, sounding concerned. "yeah, it's just... today would have been lucy's birthday," she paused, looking at isaac. "she would have turned nineteen," she added softly.

"oh, liv, if you need to talk about it, I'm here for you," isaac offered. "thanks," olivia replied, managing a small smile as she closed her locker.

he wrapped his arm around her, planting a gentle kiss on her forehead before they headed to class. being with isaac brought her some comfort on this tough day.

as they walked into their history class, olivia brought up another topic. "hey, we have to go to that lark after dark thing tomorrow, right?" she asked. "yeah, katherine wants us to go for will and hayley," isaac confirmed. "hm, I see," olivia responded thoughtfully. "you don't want to go?" isaac inquired. "I don't know, I guess tomorrow night I might feel up for it," she said, taking her seat and opening her book.

*

olivia was sitting in math class, the class she hated most, so as soon as the bell rang for lunch she was quick to get out of there. she got her food and found grace, kiley, and skylar all sitting together, so she took a seat beside them.

"hey guys," olivia smiled. "hey liv," kiley smiled. "hey, i'm surprised you're not with isaac, where is he?" grace asked. "oh who knows, around here somewhere," olivia laughed, looking around. "hey, have you guys seen jackie?" she asked, and everyone shook their heads. "hm, weird," she said before sitting down.

soon isaac and lee found them, and isaac sat next to olivia. she rested her head on his shoulder. "hey livy," he said before giving her a quick kiss. "awee," grace smiled. "ew, get a room," lee said at the same time. "oh, whatever, lee," olivia laughed.

everyone at the table was laughing and talking, but olivia wasn't really engaged. she was zoned out, focused on other things. "everything okay?" isaac whispered. "mhm," she hummed, playing with the rings on his fingers.

*

the day quickly ended and olivia was sitting in the living room with isaac,lee, and alex were sitting in the living room. olivia was on her phone and watching the boys play video games when they heard the front door open. they paused the game listening to hearing if anyone got in trouble.

"hi katherine," jackie said loudly, smiling. "where have you guys been?" oh woah that's a look. cant wait to hear this explanation," katherine said.
"we went to a party," jackie blurted while laughing.

"she's definitely drunk," olivia said.

"which I practically forced her to go to," cole said. "and I just drove so," danny said, and the four in the living room heard the sound of keys. danny said goodnight before going upstairs.

"where have you been, woah woah?" george. came down the stairs. "I already did that part," katherine said. "okay we'll have you don't the part where they're grounded all weekend yet?" george asked.

"really? i've never been grounded before," jackie asked. "I should be the only one that's grounded," cole said. "although i've never actually been drunk before either," jackie kept talking. "ok jackie before you say anything else, i'm just gonna get you upstairs to bed," katherine stepped in.

as george started talking to cole about what the girls have been through and how hard everything was, olivia went back on her phone not wanting to hear everything. the three boys looked at olivia but didn't say anything and they started their game again.