fifteen

it was the last day before thanksgiving break, and olivia couldn't wait for it to be over. walking downstairs with jackie, she greeted everyone with a bright "good morning!" katherine returned the greeting, and olivia made a beeline for the coffee.

as isaac passed by, olivia beamed at him and said, "good morning, liv," he sweetly kissed her on the forehead before anyone could notice.

george entered the kitchen, holding something in his hands. "hey, these will work," he announced. katherine, curious, asked, "we're gonna brine turkeys with those?" george chuckled and replied, "they're sixteen pounds. this is all we got!"

"hey isaac, you might wanna swap out the leather and get a warmer coat. it's an 80% chance of snow today, guys," george said. isaac smiled, looking at olivia, as he replied, "sometimes you have to sacrifice comfort for style. like this leather jacket says tough, chill, smooth, you get it?" george smiled, "frostbite also says tough, chill, smooth, you get it?" making olivia laugh. "olivia gets it," george pointed out with a smile, as she continued to laugh.

olivia took a seat on a stool at the island and watched as jackie stood there. lee asked, "did you hear from our dad? do you know what time he's calling?" george replied, "yeah, it's at eleven o'clock." olivia noticed how happy lee got when he heard their dad was calling. she just really hoped that he and isaac didn't get their hopes up incase their dad didn't call.

"hey jackie, olivia, do you girls wanna make anything for tomorrow? everybody makes one dish and then we add it to the meal," katherine suggested. parker added, "one thing." jordan chimed in, "except me."

olivia watched as lee set an alarm, and george walked up to them. "well, i make two turkeys, obviously," george said confidently. katherine offered, "so if there are any howard family traditions, i can pick up the ingredients." jackie then spoke up, "i'll pass if that's okay," before walking out of the kitchen.

"what about you, olivia?" katherine asked. olivia replied, "uhm, can i make pumpkin pie?" katherine smiled and said, "yes, of course, i'll get the things." isaac asked, "can i help her?" katherine agreed, "yeah, i guess you aren't making anything. sure."

*

thanksgiving came quickly and olivia couldn't wait to spend so much time with isaac, she had plans to make pumpkin pie with him. she was wearing a long beige button-up cardigan, flared leggings, and her cozy tasman uggs, nothing too fancy. they were sitting in the kitchen at the island waiting for danny and george to be finished cooking.

once george and danny finished up, isaac and olivia eagerly took over the kitchen. olivia gathered all the necessary ingredients and started adding them to a bowl, carefully mixing everything together. however, she soon realized that isaac was there mostly to playfully annoy her. he mischievously drew hearts in the sugar, and when she asked him to crack the eggs, he managed to get some shell in there too.

"are you here to bug me or to help?" olivia asked, slightly exasperated. "hmm, bug you," isaac replied with a laugh, before playfully smearing pumpkin purée on her nose. "you think that's funny?" olivia questioned, to which isaac nodded. "so funny," she responded, retaliating by smearing some purée on him. "not funny," isaac said, trying to keep a straight face. "that's what i thought," olivia playfully retorted, turning her attention back to the pie. she poured the mixture into the pie crust and got it ready to be placed in the oven.

isaac then took the pie towards the oven, pretending to drop it along the way. "isaac, i swear to god, if you drop that, i'm punching you, and you can make another one by yourself," olivia said, sounding very serious. "ugh, you're no fun when you're tense," isaac groaned, sliding the pie into the oven.