five

the day had started pretty boring in the morning olivia had only talked to a couple people and her class felt like they were taking forever.

olivia was sitting in math class, her last class before lunch, waiting for it to start when all of a sudden luke pierce sat next to her, tapping her on the shoulder.

luke pierce was very known guy at silver falls high, he was adored by many teenage girls and he was the new captain of the football team. olivia thought he was an okay looking guy, he had light brown hair and hazel eyes.

"hey, livy" he smiled at her. "what's up luke?" she asked, only glancing at him for a second. "I was just wondering," he paused, as he checked her out, "if you wanted to go on a date with me tonight?" she was wearing a black skirt and low neck white top, so when luke kept checking her out she felt a bit uncomfortable so she pulled her top up a little.

"really? I mean yeah sure" she smiled. "cool, i'll pick you up at seven" he smiled before getting up and walking to his seat.

class felt like it was taking forever, but once it was over, olivia headed straight for the cafeteria to find skylar and grace. "i need to tell you guys something," she said, sitting down and putting her bag on the floor. "oh?" skylar said, looking at her. "luke pierce just asked me on a date tonight," she said, pressing her lips into a thin line. grace and skylar looked at each other, then back at her.

"it's your second day, and you're already going on a date with luke," grace freaked out. "yeah, pop off! that's insane," skylar laughed. "but..." skylar then paused. "but what?" she looked at both of them.

"be careful with luke. he doesn't have the best reputation with girls," grace said. "oh, well yeah, i'll be careful, don't worry. anyways, will you guys come over after school? i need to find something to wear and..." she paused when jackie sat with us.

"why are you so smiley?" jackie asked, laughing. "she's going on a date with luke," grace blurted out. "hey, she can talk for herself," skylar said. "sorry, just too excited." "oh woah, what about isaac?" jackie asked, being very quiet when she said isaac's name.

"oh, i forgot you were into isaac," skylar said. "i don't know, i mean isaac is so nice and, you know, good-looking," grace nodded along. "i just don't know if he's actually into me. and who knows, me and luke might not work, so we'll see," olivia said as she picked up her sandwich.

the day dragged on slowly, and now olivia was just thinking about luke and their date. she was walking towards the parking lot to meet everyone at the car when isaac and lee walked up beside her.

"hey liv, wanna hang out tonight?" isaac asked her.

damn it, she thought to herself.

"sorry, isaac, i already have plans tonight. maybe another time," she looked up at him. "oh, don't worry about it. what are you doing?" he asked. "uh, skylar and grace are coming over for a little bit, and then i'm going on a date with luke pierce," she said.

isaac looked back at lee and then back at her. "luke, why? he's not a good person," isaac felt almost hurt she was going out with luke, but he pushed all feelings aside because they were even dating.

"oh, i didn't know you knew him," she said. "i don't really, but everyone knows he's not a nice guy," isaac said. "olivia, are you really going with him?" lee spoke up. "yes, it's okay, guys. you don't have to worry about me, i'll be okay," she looked at both of them. "i just don't think it's a good idea," isaac said before they got to the car.

the ride to the house was quiet. olivia could only think of isaac's words. maybe it wasn't smart to go out with luke. she barely knew him. but then she thought, why not? what's the worst that could happen? and she can't go the rest of her teen years not going out with guys just because isaac doesn't think it's a good idea.

*

jackie and olivia were sitting in their room when skylar and grace walked in. "hey guys," grace smiled, jumping onto olivia's bed. "hey," olivia laughed. "so, what are you planning on wearing?" skylar asked. "i have no clue. i have like two maybe outfits. there's a blue summer dress or like maybe jeans and some top," she sighed, walking towards all of her clothes that were hanging up. she pulled out the blue dress and showed the three of them.

"i love that," skylar smiled. "yeah, love love," grace agreed. "then i was going to curl my hair and fix up my makeup."

olivia changed and walked into the room, showing everyone the dress. "you look amazing!" grace smiled. "thanks," olivia said, looking at herself in a mirror. "what shoes are you wearing?" jackie asked. "lucy's white heels," she smiled. "oh, they'll look great," jackie said softly.

olivia curled her hair, grace helped, and then she fixed up her makeup. after they talked for a while, olivia noticed it was 6:50. "oh my god, i have to go downstairs," olivia said, grabbing her purse and phone. "we'll come with you," jackie stood up.

the three teens followed olivia downstairs, and katherine saw her. "oh hon, you look beautiful, so much like your mom," katherine smiled. "thanks, katherine," olivia smiled back.

"when are you getting picked up?" katherine asked. "at seven" olivia answered. "oh so very soon, we'll i gotta go help parker, but have fun," katherine smiled before walking upstairs. "I will thanks," olivia walked to the door to wait for her ride.

skylar,grace and jackie waited on the stairs and olivia was at the window. "what time is it?" grace asked. "seven exactly" olivia eyes didn't move from the window.

as 7:05 rolled around, isaac stepped out of the living room to check if olivia was still waiting, and sure enough, she was. confused, isaac asked, "i thought he was picking you up at seven?" olivia let out a sigh and replied, "he was."

before isaac could say anything else, the sound of a car pulling up outside interrupted him. grace and jackie quickly jumped up and rushed to the window.

"you ready?" jackie asked. olivia happily nodded and opened the front door.

isaac watched as olivia walked towards the car, and he couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy. he knew he couldn't do anything about it; after all, she was going on a date.

"hi" olivia smiled as luke open the door.

"hey, you look good" luke smirked, walking towards her.

authors note:

uh so luke's here