CHAPTER :- 4

Just after I had dinner, I am out to take a walk.

The weather is nice, neither chilly nor hot. It's the best time to take a walk at night. Wandering around while the wind blows through my hair.

The park is five minutes of walk away from Boun's house. It's empty as always. The area surrounding his house is usually like this, there are not much residents here, as his house is almost in outskirts.

He hears someone's voice coming from the entrance. He takes a kid out of the back seat.

Could this be him? She looks like the kid from that day. They're headed to the slides. They still haven't seen me. He's busy baby talking to the kid. Adorable.

I should say Hi. I run towards them, his back's at me.

"Hey!!"

He stops in his tracks and turn back, hearing my call.

Boun's mouth is about to touch the ground. He looks at the kid, then at him.

What!! Just what in the world? It's the same kid, But why him?! "Um...Mr. Boun? "

Why doesn't he look surprised. Oh, wait! he told me his name. Warut!! So it was him? Prem Warut!

He smiles. "Aren't you too stunned? "

"Oh...Sir, you-"

"You didn't recognize me until now, did you? Sorry, I-"

"Pho~"

"We're going kiddo............Mr.Boun, could we talk there? " he points to the slides.

"Sure" I follow him. I'm literally shocked. Talk about small world.

There's a mini slide, for smaller children. He is holding her both hands to help her slide.

"Mr. Boun, seeing your expression, I guess I should have told you already"

"What I'm more shocked about is, how did I not know it was you? I know you were wearing a mask. But still..... "

"I had cold that day, my voice sounded hoarse......maybe that's why"

"Right, this could be it"

"Now you know. So it's all good"

Yes. It is..........but there's one more thing. There are more parks and playgrounds in the city. So why does he? Moreover......Meeting him, the CEO of Wong, at a place like this is more of a shock. Would it be okay if I ask him?

"Sir......But how are you here? Do you live nearby ? "

"No. I live in Rosman Hills"

Hmmm........Roseman Hills...........the suburb. If I look from here, it is exactly at the opposite side. Why go through the trouble to drive through the whole city? How can he still have energy to do so, after working all day?

"It's pretty far from here"

"That's right. But.......I just found this place one day and since there are less people, we stop by sometimes" he caress the kid's head and smiles. "She's my drive out partner"

Enough questions for today. Boun's face softens.

"Mr. Warut, can I play with her too? "

"Of course. Goahead, Ask her"

"Lia. Do you wanna go to the swing? "

"Pho~ "

".......you want to? "

She nods.

" Can you go with him? ". She nods again.

She grabs my finger with her small hand and follows me to the swing.

A while later, the night has gone quieter. Mr. Warut is sitting on the swing, Lia in his lap. I am on the swing right next to him.

"You must like kids"

"I do, Mr. Warut. I'd love to have children, when I get married "

Prem grins.

"How old is she? "

"She's two. Her birthday's in five months.......so, almost three"

"I see"

"Anyways, I was expecting to meet you here Mr. Boun........to surprise you" they chuckle.

"Talk about perfect timing"

"Huh.......we should probably go now. She's sleepy" Lia is dozing off.

"You're right. Let me help you to the car"

"Sure. Thanks"

Boun takes the keys and open the door. Prem sits her upon the baby car seat and fastens the belt. Both of them say good nights to each other.

°°°°°

He sees Olivia at the front door.

"Hey! What took you so long? I thought you were home" she sees Lia sleeping in his arms. "Look at my baby........and why don't you take stroller with you?"

"She doesn't like it. Whenever I put her in the stroller, she starts crying"

"It's the end of discussion then" she shrugs."Did you have dinner? "

"Yeah. We ate before going out"

"Guess, I'll have to eat alone again. The assignments are going to make her forget me"

"Ow Come on. Are you free on the weekend? "

She thinks for a moment "Yes"

"Then, how about........we go out and have dinner on Saturday? "

"Now, that's what I love"

"Okay. Let me put her to bed, then we'll talk "

"You won't believe, I again met him today"

"Who? "

"Remember I told you? It was a few weeks ago, I met my new assistant"

"Yes, so, is he? And you met him again?"

" I did. He is the assistant. And he was so shocked to know it was me that day" it was actually funny.

She squints her eyes and smirks. I know this face, she is gonna tease me.

"Hmmmm.......such a nice coincidence. Tell me. Is he handsome? Single?"

"H......he does look good. So what? " ........I shouldn't have said this. 

"Is he your type? "

"Hey! Stop it. He seems to be a nice person. But I can't just date and hit on random people"

"I see. You're really stubborn"

"It's nothing like that"

"Uhmmm....." She barely smiles"....Prem, jokes aside. Don't you wanna date anymore?"

"You know better than anyone, Olivia. I don't have time or courage for that. I won't force anyone to take her responsibility as a father. I'm just afraid they'd neglect Lia. Neglect that I'm a dad too and you know.......the other reason"

"I know it's hard but atleast give it a try. I'm sure you'll find someone who'd understands you and also love Lia"

"Hmmm, you know I'm not against dating, but.......for now, I'm gonna focus on taking care of Lia. She's my first priority"

"I know......." She hugs him softly. "And you'll surely find a good person soon, you deserve to"