CHAPTER :- 26

Some time passed, Lia's appearance in his life, happened around that time. Prem used to talk to Praew about how much he has always wanted to be a father, he was okay with adopting as well. Praew was surprised to know that but it made her glad. Her brother who works at a children's home, used to tell her about the children who have live there . Those little kids have to endure so much at this age. Some don't have parents or family , some are just helpless even when they have a family. Lia was one of those children.
She was the youngest daughter of a wealthy family. Her parents and older brother died in an accident, after which her uncle and aunt took the responsibility to raise her as her parents from now on. But they were no better than leeches who did not bat an eye sucking up to a child as young as Lia. They wanted to raise her to take advantage of the will made by her parents in her name. They treated her like a burden. Thankfully a neighbor saw her aunt slapping her.
That little eight months old child was being abused by the people who were supposed to be her family. After they were reported, her uncle and aunt were arrested and Lia was taken to the Moon children's home.

When Praew heard about her from her brother she felt sorry for the little girl. She shared about the little girl and the orphanage to Prem.

By that time, he had accepted his fate. That he might never be able to become a father, that it was now impossible for him to be able to love and raise children with his partner. His heart ached whenever he came across being recalled of that fact.
Listening to her, he felt an urgency to do something to help in providing for Lia and other children, in any way he could. He , from that day had donated to that home.

One day when him and Praew were passing by that children's home, he told her he wants to pay a visit and meet the children.
Prem wanted to see how that little girl was doing whom Praew talked about. Her brother showed him the way.
She was the youngest among the other kids so they also adored her. A few of them were playing with her when they went to see her.

He told him her name was Rutricha. Lia Rutricha, as given by her parents.
He called her name and the girl giggled and gave him a cute gummy smile. He stayed for a while to play with her.
From that day on, he went to check on her from time to time.

Lia's existence alone was giving him strength to not lose hope. He had decided to adopt her. He was ready to be a father and give all his love to his daughter.
Sure it didn't happen in the heat of the moment. He talked about this to Olivia first. He asked him for this favor to pretend she's her mom in front of others. Olivia agreed. She was just as happy to see Prem actually smiling after a long time.

Once again, his father had a lot to say. He promised him that he'll not let people doubt about it.
He took Olivia's keeping distance from showing up to the public as an excuse to say she was pregnant and Lia is their daughter.

Another year passed. Before Lia's second birthday, Oli introduced Prem to her girlfriend, Jane. Whom she's been telling about to Prem for almost an year.
When Prem saw two of them together, he felt like he has unintentionally done the most wrongful mistake of his life. Prem apologised to Jane for the act they'll have to put out because of their situation, she replied ' I can act as much, if it means I can be with her'
It gave him all the more reason to have doubts on his choices again. Even if she was seeing all this in a positive light but deep inside Prem knew she must be hurting. He knows too well how it feels to hide your true self and not being able live freely.

Prem decided he will divorce Olivia. Olivia was against his decision at first. She had acknowledged by now that Prem might lose everything he has if he goes against his father. She felt guilty that Prem was trying to fix the mistakes that happened due to the proposal she made without considering his situation.
But she accepted her defeat in the end and they had a divorce.
When Prem's father came to know about this, he was about to disown Prem while Olivia's parents totally stopped talking to her and refused to see her ever again.
He took a word from them that they will keep all this a secret for the rest of their lives. So, it all came to point zero.
Ever since then, Olivia's been living with Prem and Lia.

This is how they ended up in this hell of the lies.

For Olivia, she holds herself responsible for leading Prem's life to ruins, while Prem has never felt that way. He sure has a lot to regret but them not being considered husband and wife, atleast on papers, He believes it gave Jane a great relief. Moreover, he has his daughter with him, so it's wasn't that difficult for him to bear anymore. He was content with being a parent to Lia and raise her, that he was alright even if he couldn't date anyone anymore. Neither did he think any person would want to date him nor did he feel the need to do it.

He resitricted himself so well, his heart had forgotten to feel being loved. His wish to be acknowledged by his father and his worries made him not want to even give himself a chance to love and be loved by someone.