CHAPTER :- 23

Boun got the wrong idea, thinking that his father won't bother them after being rudely disregarded.
In the last few days, he convinced himself that it was just an unpleasant interaction with a person nothing more than a stranger and he doesn't have to bother himself with that. But he is here yet again.

"Mom, what is he doing here? "

" I don't know, he was already at the door and forcefully got in when we returned from the shop" she says with a sour expression. " You're trying so hard for nothing. Boun might have loved you back then but he's not stupid. You pursuing him will change nothing "

"We've tolerated enough. I'm calling the cops" Boun takes out his phone.

" Don't get so worked up son. I didn't come to apologize. I have another reason, just want to confirm something"

"Boun wait...............Okay. What is it this time? " mom stops Boun from calling and asks.

"Ask your son, whom you said you have raised up to be a better person than his father" there is a hint of sarcasm in the way he says it.

Rather than on what he said, Boun is more confused by the weird tone of his . As if he is mocking her.

"If you have something to say then say it clearly"

"Do you know what your son is doing behind your back? "

"What do you mean? "

"I guess you don't " he turns to Boun "who came to drop you yesterday Boun? You might've thought no one saw you but I did. I came yesterday too but i was too shocked to come in because of what I saw"

"You don't have to know and you aren't welcome either" it can't be. He can't be talking about Prem in front of mom. Did he see me kiss him?

"Maybe I don't. But your mom does" he turns to her now "

Belle doesn't know for sure but she has guessed that he's talking about Prem. So she interrups him.

"Are you still listening to him Phi'? Just call the cops"

"The adults are talking here Belle. Your mom really does talk big on your upbringing...." he snickers "............So, Namo, what did you tell me that day, You don't need me in you and your children's lives. That you have raised them and taken care of them just fine without me"

"Yeah so? "

"Ask him who was the man he kissed"

The color drained from Boun's face. He was planning to tell his mom, but not like this. He was waiting for the right time. Moreover, even if he believes that his mom will accept him, he was still scared to tell her. Now that it has happened, he can't get a word out of his mouth. He is flustered to the core.

"You can't deny it. I saw it with my own two eyes. Is this how you raised ourkids? An impudent girl and a boy who is going to embarrass you with his disgusting deeds........"

Namo raises her hand in a flash and gives him a painful looking slap on his face.

"NAMO! "

" You crossed the limit this time. I don't know if what you're saying is true. But if it is, if you have an issue with him kissing someone, that's your problem. A random man has no right to insult my children "

"I see, so you can tolerate your son's wrongdoings but not accept an apology from your husband"

"I can't believe how stupid you are. Do you really think it's that easy? You abandoned your seven year old son and newborn daughter. Now you think you have a right on deciding for what's wrong or right for him. You weren't there with Belle, her entire childhood...............what other reasons do you need to realize to what extent you've done wrong. They're not someone you could throw away and pick up at your will............Your attitude says it all, you don't have an ounce of regret"

"Yes. I don't have any regrets. You know why I did that. I couldn't afford being a father at the peak of my career. You were holding me back-"

"Don't. I don't want to hear your pathetic excuses"

"Whatever. I don't need someone like you in my life either" he storms out of the house leaving her once again. But this time she isn't crying like she did back then.

Boun is at lost of words.

"Boun............he is gone. I promise it was the last time we ever heard him. Okay? "

He nods. "Mom, I-........."

"Did what he say was true? "

He nods again.

"I'm sorry Boun if I ever made you feel like you couldn't tell me"

"No mom..........I am sorry. I was just scared you wouldn't accept me"

"..........it doesn't change anything, You are still my son whom i love and he is a person I am proud of. Of course I would accept you Boun"

Boun is shedding tears of joy. He hugs his mother.

"You forgot me"

"Belle, you knew? "

"Yes mom, since his last year of college. But can you believe it, it's his first time dating a guy.........even then who wouldn't want to date Phi'Prem. He's such a handsom-" Belle bites her tounge. She looks at Boun with an apologetic look.

"Prem?..........the Rosemann hill? Since when?"

"About two months"

"Oh. I remember him saying he has........a daughter..........? "

Boun looks at Belle who is smiling awkwardly. " It's okay. He said I can tell you"

"What? He seemed nice but do you know him well? I mean how came he's a father"

"Belle said the exact same thing............actually can we talk over dinner? It's a long story. I'll go take a shower first. I'll tell you everything then"

Boun came back down for dinner and filled them in with the truth about Prem.

He didn't see a possibility of him smiling like this, later that strife with his father, but at the end of the day that unpleasant meet resulted in one good thing. The one thing he was afraid he'd not get, his mom's acceptance, he's got it nevertheless.