34. Recovery

Tsukishima stayed with Kageyama all weekend. During that time, they had a lot of talks and learned a lot about each other. Favorite colors, food preferences, romance preferences. They were acting like teenage best friends except... there was a bond and memories that neither of the boys could shake from their minds. But there was also one other underlying fact that neither boy could ignore. When talking about romantic preferences, they described each other. Kageyama didn't have much of a physical preference other than male. Personality, he preferred guys who acted one way with people and another when they were alone together. Whether it be loud and obnoxious or dark and broody and an asshole. He just wants a guy who can be that in public, and sweet and caring towards him when it's just them.

Tsukishima's preference is male, with dark hair, lightly dark eyes, and tall, but shorter than him. Personality-wise, he needs someone who will treat him like a normal human and respect him as such in public, but kind of care for and treat him like a child when it is just him and his partner.

Both boys agreed that one partner is plenty and that there would never be a reason that either boy saw they would want a 3rd or more person in their relationship.

"I don't like sharing," Tsukishima said straight-faced but chuckling and almost laughing at the same time.

"Neither do I..."

Romance and relationships hadn't been brought up more or past that point the entire weekend. The boys kept denying the fact that they matched each other's description perfectly. On Monday, they went to Tsukishima's house in the morning to get his uniform for school and Akiteru drove them to school. He was giddy to finally be able to meet the Kageyama he had heard so much about whether Tsukishima was awake or asleep. Kageyama kept to himself the entire day until practice. Daichi pulled him aside and they talked. Kageyama quickly asked if he could have Tsukishima there with him since they were talking about what happened on Friday. Kageyama had told Tsukishima everything, so he was aware of what was going on. Daichi would nod to show he was listening. Kageyama ended up telling Daichi everything that had happened, including the night of the drugging.

Daichi apologized a million times for what his underclassman had to deal with recently. Daichi said Kuroo was an asshole and was happy he wasn't staying in Japan for volleyball. Daichi also gained an underlying hate for Hinita and Yamaguchi since those two were talked about over time. One day, Daichi had a talk with the team about how he expects everyone to be treated. He didn't name names but he mentioned how some of their teammates had been put through some hellish bullshit by others on the team and how unacceptable it was. The two knew the message was targeted at them. Daichi suggested that the captain of next year's team better make sure that this incident shit doesn't repeat itself after the current 3rd years are gone.

Two months later it was summer, Kageyama hadn't spent much time at his dorm and instead practically living with Tsukishima. He kinda became part of the family. More than Yamaguchi ever had. One night, they were having a family night watching movies and playing games. Akiteru, Hisashi, Tsukishima, and Kageyama were present. They were laughing and having fun when the two older boys started yawning.

"Ahhh. Well, it's getting late so we are gonna head to bed kiddos. Have a good night."

The two younger boys said their goodnight and sat in peace for a moment. They made eye contact and grinned from ear to ear. They jump and push themselves onto the couch landing sort of on top of each other. They wrestle for a moment playfully punching and hitting each other, their limbs getting tangled. Tsukishima decided to switch tactics.

"Ahhh no! No tickling! AHAHAHA!"

Both boys were in a laughing fit. Kageyama because he was being tickled, and Tsukishima well... Kageyama was laughing, and that made him happy. Tsukishima finally stopped tickling, both boys out of breath from laughing so much. They were enjoying each other's company, Kageyama lying sideways on the couch, Tsukishima on the opposite side of his head, and Kageyma's legs on top of his. Both boys had their eyes closed, taking in the peace and quiet.