SIX

I WAS SUCH A DICK

I WAS SUCH A DICK.

Sure Ariana was the biggest bitch in school and deserved to be told off, but not like that, it was a low blow. I lost my temper again.

I felt even more guilt staring at her empty seat in music class.

After the period was over I went into the cafeteria, about to sit at my table until I saw one of Ariana's friends.

"Alana right?" I walked up to her.

"Yeah, why?" She sized me confusedly.

"You're friends with Ariana?"

"Yes..."

"Could you... give me her number?" It didn't even sound right coming off of my tongue. But I needed to at least attempt to apologize.

Alana let out a loud laugh, quickly stopping when she noticed my blank expression. "Oh, you're serious."

"Listen, Ari would actually kill me if I give you her number. What do you need it for anyway?" She questioned.

"I said something that I didn't mean, and I think it might've hurt her feelings." I muttered.

"Ariana wouldn't get hurt by anything you say, trust me. And why do you care, you guys aren't friends."

Of course she didn't tell her about our past relationship. Did I blame her? No.

"Never mind fucking forget it-

"Wait!" Alana called out, taking in a deep breath. "I can't give you her number but I can give you her instagram."

Bingo.

...

"DUDE JUST SEND THE MESSAGE."

I ignored Seth's words because it wasn't as simple as it sounded, if I sent this text and she didn't pay a second thought to what I said I would be the laughing stock of the school... again.

Ariana was difficult to understand. She always had been. No one could ever tell what she was thinking.

"I think you should wait till she comes to school. Apologizes are always better in person." Rico suggested.

"Dude like Ariana is gonna talk to him in public." Seth chuckled.

"Why are you even apologizing? The bitch had it coming, plus you technically didn't say anything that wasn't true." Miles shrugged.

I turned my head from the phone and glared him. Miles never liked Ariana because she rejected him on many occasions.

It isn't her fault he's a disgusting human.